Treeslaying Illinois style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
well the new gig is going well. We have some nice equipment, and plenty work, albeit at recession pricing.:censored:

And not much climbing with this bad boy.
attachment.php

can't wait to use this ladder as a 100' TIP.
attachment.php

Of course ya gotta have one of these.
attachment.php

Were you topping those (Maples?) in the first pics? I don't care either way, just wondering. Some nice equipment there. Where you at in Illinois Slayer?

topping takes alot of talent. Did you go to school to learn how to do that?

Name toppers?

Not to be offensive but there is another meaning for Toppers
URBAN DICTIONARY; TOPPERS:

In referring to gay relationships, or gay male prostitutes.

The "man" in the relationship is usually known as a "topper".
Topper referring to the top position during homosexual sex acts

someone may want to rethink that name

Last edited:
The man that owns this outfit is a great guy, who I met in TX during IKE. he does not top trees, and practices only proper pruning. He has a nice business, and owns a lot of good equipment.

he can call it whatever he wants, and is good to work with. so,
WHATEVER,
to all the smartasses.:cheers::cheers:

The nifty lift is a nice machine, makes pruning nice., but I'm here for the crane work and steady work.

The trees were in the pic were elms, and were takedowns.

here's a crabapple I pruned, was nice to have the lift for this one.
attachment.php

The man that owns this outfit is a great guy, who I met in TX during IKE. he does not top trees, and practices only proper pruning. He has a nice business, and owns a lot of good equipment.

So he can call it whatever he wants, and is good to work with. so,
WHATEVER, to all the smartasses.:cheers::cheers:

The nifty lift is a nice machine, and makes pruning easier, but I'm here for the crane work, and especially steady work.

The trees were in the pic were elms, and were takedowns.

here's a crabapple I pruned, was nice to have the lift for this one.
attachment.php

Sorry dude, but I don't understand why it was nice to have a lift on that crabapple. Seems silly.
By the way, I live in an area where if the word "toppers, topping" is well known with average citizens and a good chance of not working much.
Oh well, I just cannot understand a lift on that tree.
Jeff

Sorry dude, but I don't understand why it was nice to have a lift on that crabapple. Seems silly.
By the way, I live in an area where if the word "toppers, topping" is well known with average citizens and a good chance of not working much.
Jeff

I wasn't going to say anything but since you already have...I would probably fire a guy that brought a lift to the job for that tree.

Jeff

in order to shape the canopy to the homeowners satisfaction. and twice now you have used the term silly about me. I think you are an a$$, but so what.

Guess no one on here has ever met Tom or seen Dave climb. Both are great guys and both know what they are doing.

I am ashamed of all the hate in this thread.

no problem, since I would not work for your dumba$$ anyway. you could not afford me, nor do you deserve a climber of my caliber.

Hey man, no need to start acting like an old goober about the deal there. If I was in a pinch I might hire you. I know I could afford you.

cant say I like the name, but I like the treeslayer's work. the prune job looks excellent. I agree the lift is nice for getting the tips shaped up, but a bucket truck would of had you done in less than half the time with that driveway right next to the tree. lifts are for accessing where the bucket truck cant go. Tell the boss to get a bucket truck too and get rid of that retired aslpundh chip truck for something with a diesel motor. those 366 gassers are about as cool as stenciling your company's name on the side of your truck. sorry to bust your boss' balls.

cant say I like the name, but I like the treeslayer's work. the prune job looks excellent. I agree the lift is nice for getting the tips shaped up, but a bucket truck would of had you done in less than half the time with that driveway right next to the tree. lifts are for accessing where the bucket truck cant go. Tell the boss to get a bucket truck too and get rid of that retired aslpundh chip truck for something with a diesel motor. those 366 gassers are about as cool as stenciling your company's name on the side of your truck. sorry to bust your boss' balls.

Sure is easy to spend someone else's money over the internet. :monkey:

Back