Trimmer head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesternSaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As mentioned in the small equipment forum I have KM 90 R and KM 111R Powerheads .
Getting tired of winding line on the Trimmer spools . Do must of you change them out for Speed Heads , if so what Speed Head do you find works the best Stihl, Echo, etc. As I think you can adapt non Stihl heads to Stihl trimmers
Thanks
Western Saw

Echo Speed feed 400 up to 30 odd cc, Speed feed 450 over that.
Keep a few lengths of whatever line you are using handy coiled up, when you run out just feed it through and wind it up. Minimal lost time.

Don't get the 450 it's too big for a km Kombi trimmer attachment. It will bolt on and work but it will function poor as the distance between the line cutter on the grass gaurd and the shaft is not long enough. So only a small amount of line will be turning and you'll have issues. I've spend more hours than I'd like to admit behind brushcutters. The smaller speedfeed here is the 375.

I'm looking for a new head for a Honda 431 straight shaft, and the Echo 450 looks good. Any thoughts? Are adaptors a problem? I've always used metal blades on the Honda and a Stihl fs 250. THANKS

I bought the Echo 450 speed head and it came with a few adaptors and a rubber/plastic spacer. It went on to the Honda UMK 431 with just the spacer and did not require any adaptors. THANKS

Back