Trimmer string?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamzero

Reaction score
I have a large yard, with a bunch of landscaping rocks to trim around. Whats a good brand/size of string to use? The rocks make me go through string at rather a fast rate. Thanks folks!

Not sure what's available in your area but I have found the Stihl stuff lasts better than the hardware store equivalent... I'd be guessing it's a fair bit more expensive than the generic stuff though.
Size will depend on the trimmer, go too heavy & it won't work properly

I have some orange .105 Stihl string soaked in water that worked well last weekend trimming wire fence line with my low horsepower FS66. Last year I could not get line to last on my other more powerful trimmer. I may have a bad head on that trimmer. Not sure what line gave me problems. Rocks are like wire. They can cut line. I do not do full throttle all the time if I know I am going to hit something that is going to cut my line. Or I accept that I will unwind some more string.

Went with the maxpower as per the project farm vid. and it works great. Lasts MUCH longer , and I cant believe how quiet it is.

Latest posts

Back