• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Trio of NIB Stihls - Shipping included in the prices.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in the states it cost every month to be a stihl dealer any way just list saws as used with original box they have .5 hours on them or something

I am just happy Dan posted that perhaps a carby 462 may still be available. Thought for sure he would never be back. Hopefully he continues to buy saws and uses them and sells them on here used. Sure someone will still have their feelings hurt though....
Thanks again Dan, you be the man,,,, but you already knew that! :LOL

Alright fellas, I have to take the time to address an issue. I hate to have to do these things, but it seems that me posting these saws for sale here has ruffled some feathers so severely that someone decided to report me to Stihl USA.

I received a phone call from one of my dealers addressing that someone from the forum had called Stihl USA and informed them that I was dealing saws online. That is not true, so I hope whoever has done this will come forward so we can clear the matter with true and full disclosure.

At least, I'd like that person to take responsibility for their actions. I like to be transparent in all my transactions. I want clear the air here for everyone that believes they have a right to control what I am doing with my personal property.

So, I am in no way a dealer, distributor, nor am I in anyway affiliated with Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar or any other brand. I'm a private seller, selling privately owned saws. I have a right to sell my personal property as I see fit.

I buy saws from multiple sources and I either keep them, or sell them as I please. I also buy parts from multiple sources and I also provide those to members that have requested them.

I do not live in the US and I do not need to abide by the laws of any country, except those of the country/union I live in. In the EU it is legal for even dealers to sell Stihl products online. There was a recent court in France that has established this for all the EU.

Where to go from here? I won't be posting any new saws for sale on this forum for the time being. The jealousy, hatred and ill-intent of a few spoil things for the many....it's a shame, really.

PM me if you need anything....

I'm sorry to hear about this Dan (this is the first time I've seen this thread). I hope you don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. You've been great to me
and you're one of the finest people I've ever met.

Something similar happened to me in 2008 - I was selling a rebuilt MS-440 on Ebay. I got a message from a user with the nickname "TCC_Whirlpools" telling me
that selling rebuilt Stihl saws online was illegal and that the Stihl corporation did not condone the selling of refurbished/reconditioned Stihl equipment. A day or
so later, I get a "cease and desist" email from someone claiming to be at Stihl USA Corporate. Later that same day, I was contacted by Ebay about a potential
copyright/trademark infringement. That was my last Ebay listing ever.

Alright fellas, I have to take the time to address an issue. I hate to have to do these things, but it seems that me posting these saws for sale here has ruffled some feathers so severely that someone decided to report me to Stihl USA.

I received a phone call from one of my dealers addressing that someone from the forum had called Stihl USA and informed them that I was dealing saws online. That is not true, so I hope whoever has done this will come forward so we can clear the matter with true and full disclosure.

At least, I'd like that person to take responsibility for their actions. I like to be transparent in all my transactions. I want clear the air here for everyone that believes they have a right to control what I am doing with my personal property.

So, I am in no way a dealer, distributor, nor am I in anyway affiliated with Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar or any other brand. I'm a private seller, selling privately owned saws. I have a right to sell my personal property as I see fit.

I buy saws from multiple sources and I either keep them, or sell them as I please. I also buy parts from multiple sources and I also provide those to members that have requested them.

I do not live in the US and I do not need to abide by the laws of any country, except those of the country/union I live in. In the EU it is legal for even dealers to sell Stihl products online. There was a recent court in France that has established this for all the EU.

Where to go from here? I won't be posting any new saws for sale on this forum for the time being. The jealousy, hatred and ill-intent of a few spoil things for the many....it's a shame, really.

PM me if you need anything....
The chicken POS that did such a heinous thing will never admit to it, due to being a Pu... in the first place. Geez I hate peoples like that. Sorry for the rant. Thank you for what you did for us, even if some worm couldn’t see that.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I'm nowhere near done selling saws. I'm sort of corona-ed at the moment....shipping is really limited, so just laying low for the time being.

My dealer is bouncing back....he was just upset that Stihl USA was threatening him, when he is actually aligned under Stihl Germany.

If you need anything, just hit me up with a PM and I'll get you a price quote. Hopefully shipping clears up soon.

I've got the 462, but someone has told me he'd like to buy it as soon as shipping clears up. I can get a hold of another one though, if you are interested.
good to know, and thank you for doing this for us guys in the crappy USA:)
I have an 462 M-tronic version, but I am partial to carbs for various reasons & am certainly interested!!
Might sell my Almost new MT 462 if I get one... sweet saw.

I had a discussion with my dealer about a sending saws stateside, he said and I quote( that stihl gives them the saws to sell, they sell them, whoever's buys them has a new saw, if that buyer sells a nib saw, technically even though that its nib, its stihl a second hand saw, as it was not bought from the dealer directly)all

I had a discussion with my dealer about a sending saws stateside, he said and I quote( that stihl gives them the saws to sell, they sell them, whoever's buys them has a new saw, if that buyer sells a nib saw, technically even though that its nib, its stihl a second hand saw, as it was not bought from the dealer directly)all

All very true on our end (in the EU), Oisin. Stihl USA for some reason disagrees with this and tries to make trouble. They have even put in calls when an MS500 gets linked with the system in the US for a reset.
Several guys on here and other forums have received 'cease and desist' letters after saws appeared on Facebook and other sites for sale. Until the 500, it mostly involved hot handle saws from Canada.

Back