• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Trio of NIB Stihls - Shipping included in the prices.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,

Sorry to hear it came to this.

Absolutely insane some asshat had to go crying to a manufacturer that you are bypassing the dealer MAP or selling online.

I do not know Stihl (or any other maker) rules for sales...but I do know other products and their online practices. Dealers tend to get pissy about online sellers perceived to be "under cutting" them. I get it from one standpoint...to sell Stihl you gotta buy x amount of product a year...and in turn they "promise" to helo protect your investment by keeping prices even across all vendors and not allowing internet sales with shipping (at least here in the US).

To the "dealers" who perceive you as a threat...I got news for them...NO ONE WAS BUYING FROM YOU FOR A REASON! And its not that some guy was peddling his wares on some internet forum for less and offering shipping. Its because said persons were shady as hell, pushing negativity and in general troublemakers. So you've managed to shut poor Dan down, congrats...who you gonna blame next week when your still selling NOTHING?!?

Like I said in an earlier thread...I am new here, but not to forums in general. I've been on the internet for a while (and no I am not someones forum ghost). The classifieds here are not headed in a positive direction in my opinion. I said it before - forum admins in similar situations in the past have had to resort to a "pay to post" model or "paid membership" with private sections. Both of these killed traffic..but improved quality. I'd hate to see that happen here.

Perhaps anyone wanting to sell "new" saws is best served working on a word of mouth basis...or doing what I know dealers in other business' needing to bypass MAP and online restrictions do and offering "demo" product. Whatever way it falls out - I know 2 things, A. No one wins in these online pissing matches and B. Next new saw I "need" is coming from Dan. Anyone who can upset these trolls as much as he has deserves my business.

The thing is, Dan is out here saying exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it. Completely open and transparent. Anyone think there's a chance in hell the coward that ran to Stihl and lied to them will own up to it? Probably reading this right now. A coward and a liar...

I would stand up for Dan any time, any day. Have not met many who are as honest and straight shooting and gentlemanly to work with as him. "Everything comes around". I am confident this person will stub their toe soon enough, and the universe (or someone else) will pay them back and then some!

Unreal. Simply Unreal. Pathetic looser whoever pulled this stunt....

As if it was not enough for Dan to go through the headache of dealing with all of the questions, and emails, and postings, and packing, and shipping... for this? He sent me a couple loops and the shipping was over half of what I paid for the darn chain in the first place. He was doing this to be nice. Now it is ruined. Good job to whoever.... but I BET THEY WILL NOT REVEAL THEMSELVES, or will they????

(email sent too, Dan.)

I’m sure a few of us can guess the likely culprit. If I need a saw in the future, I’ll PM Dan, I’ll buy from Dan, and will continue to support Dan. No coward hiding behind a changed screen name is going to stop me from supporting him, a lot of people appreciate what you do. Unfortunately there will always be chicken shitz that live in their parents basements that think the have to run and tattle if they don’t get their way.

Alright fellas, I have to take the time to address an issue. I hate to have to do these things, but it seems that me posting these saws for sale here has ruffled some feathers so severely that someone decided to report me to Stihl USA.

I received a phone call from one of my dealers addressing that someone from the forum had called Stihl USA and informed them that I was dealing saws online. That is not true, so I hope whoever has done this will come forward so we can clear the matter with true and full disclosure.

At least, I'd like that person to take responsibility for their actions. I like to be transparent in all my transactions. I want clear the air here for everyone that believes they have a right to control what I am doing with my personal property.

So, I am in no way a dealer, distributor, nor am I in anyway affiliated with Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar or any other brand. I'm a private seller, selling privately owned saws. I have a right to sell my personal property as I see fit.

I buy saws from multiple sources and I either keep them, or sell them as I please. I also buy parts from multiple sources and I also provide those to members that have requested them.

I do not live in the US and I do not need to abide by the laws of any country, except those of the country/union I live in. In the EU it is legal for even dealers to sell Stihl products online. There was a recent court in France that has established this for all the EU.

Where to go from here? I won't be posting any new saws for sale on this forum for the time being. The jealousy, hatred and ill-intent of a few spoil things for the many....it's a shame, really.

PM me if you need anything....

that sucks.

There's always at least one hall monitor, self-appointed sheriff with such a hollow life they have to snitch to make themselves feel powerful. That or it wasn't any member rather someone from Stihl USA reading the forum. We used to be able to buy Stihls from a UK company called honeyBros until some pathetic liitle foot soldier in the Stihl Army alerted his/her superiors and Stihl leaned on them to stop the online sales.

We have legislation in NZ that explicitly allows us to import genuine product, bypassing the authorised channel of whatever brands we are parallel importing. The govt here enacted the law to allow us consumers to keep the distributors, etc from price gouging. There was a store here that was parallel importing stihl saws but stihl's lawyers leaned on him and made it crystal clear that even though what he was doing was legal and encouraged by the law, they would bury him in legal fees if he carried on doing it - essentially checkbook justice - with Stihl's pockets being far deeper than his. So he stopped bringing the saws in.

wish i read this a while back...
FWIW- my take away's from this thread (being a new member):
1. Dan seems to be a standup guy who I would very much look to do business with (hopefully) in the future. (PM'd)
2. Even this site is susceptible to party poopers.

Alright fellas, I have to take the time to address an issue. I hate to have to do these things, but it seems that me posting these saws for sale here has ruffled some feathers so severely that someone decided to report me to Stihl USA.

I received a phone call from one of my dealers addressing that someone from the forum had called Stihl USA and informed them that I was dealing saws online. That is not true, so I hope whoever has done this will come forward so we can clear the matter with true and full disclosure.

At least, I'd like that person to take responsibility for their actions. I like to be transparent in all my transactions. I want clear the air here for everyone that believes they have a right to control what I am doing with my personal property.

So, I am in no way a dealer, distributor, nor am I in anyway affiliated with Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar or any other brand. I'm a private seller, selling privately owned saws. I have a right to sell my personal property as I see fit.

I buy saws from multiple sources and I either keep them, or sell them as I please. I also buy parts from multiple sources and I also provide those to members that have requested them.

I do not live in the US and I do not need to abide by the laws of any country, except those of the country/union I live in. In the EU it is legal for even dealers to sell Stihl products online. There was a recent court in France that has established this for all the EU.

Where to go from here? I won't be posting any new saws for sale on this forum for the time being. The jealousy, hatred and ill-intent of a few spoil things for the many....it's a shame, really.

PM me if you need anything....
Another crying little b I t c h going to stihl corporate
For what reason?
These are your personal property.
And locally stihl screwed over all of the brick and mortar mom and pop stores in business 40+ year's
By selling the full product line in rural king
And Bridgeport equipment.
I bet it's because a little b I t c h on here can't afford a new saw and don't want anyone else
Getting one either.
I'm no stihl man but the carby 462 would be good.87605498_10216196556013718_8536366102026911744_o.jpg
Seen any new 70cc echo's lately?

Latest posts

Back