• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Truck Drivers

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
As a Truck Driver myself, I am trying to figure out how we fit into the “Joke”

As a Railfan, I am Rolling my eyes, at the term “Train Driver”, unless you are in the UK or a Colony. Here in America that occupation is known as an “Engineer “

Doug

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ever seen a truck pull onto the tracks and stop? Ever seen a truck that stopped on the tracks, after it was hit by a train? Ever seen a truck driver panic after they stopped on the tracks and then realized a train was coming? I have.

NIP Group
Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I’ve seen Cars do that too, trucks haven’t got the market cornered there. I also know of Crossings at intersections, where there isn’t room for a truck to cross without fouling the tracks, but NO Sensors on the away from intersection side of the crossing to detect vehicles. A driver that isn’t familiar with those crossings can sit there indefinitely without ever tripping the signal, there are two such crossings within a mile of the plant I worked out of for almost 18 years. I just didn’t use those crossings, but drivers that didn’t KNOW about them would get stuck waiting at them.

The crossing just outside our plant, a Truck would fit across the crossing IF there weren’t any cars already across the crossing. I have also seen plenty of Drivers wait on the away side not knowing they would fit, and again, there are No Sensors on the away side of that crossing either. Plenty of Auto drivers would get upset about the truck not crossing and tripping the sensor, seems the truck driver can’t win either way

What I haven’t seen or read about yet is the Truck in the Train TUNNEL, as told in this “Joke”, so I’m still trying to see where Truck Drivers fit into this joke, as we weren’t mentioned in the joke, just as THE Title for the joke

If someone cares to explain the connection, I would be interested in reading it ;)

Doug :cheers:

SCHallenger

SCHallenger

ArboristSite Guru
I’ve seen Cars do that too, trucks haven’t got the market cornered there. I also know of Crossings at intersections, where there isn’t room for a truck to cross without fouling the tracks, but NO Sensors on the away from intersection side of the crossing to detect vehicles. A driver that isn’t familiar with those crossings can sit there indefinitely without ever tripping the signal, there are two such crossings within a mile of the plant I worked out of for almost 18 years. I just didn’t use those crossings, but drivers that didn’t KNOW about them would get stuck waiting at them.

The crossing just outside our plant, a Truck would fit across the crossing IF there weren’t any cars already across the crossing. I have also seen plenty of Drivers wait on the away side not knowing they would fit, and again, there are No Sensors on the away side of that crossing either. Plenty of Auto drivers would get upset about the truck not crossing and tripping the sensor, seems the truck driver can’t win either way

What I haven’t seen or read about yet is the Truck in the Train TUNNEL, as told in this “Joke”, so I’m still trying to see where Truck Drivers fit into this joke, as we weren’t mentioned in the joke, just as THE Title for the joke

If someone cares to explain the connection, I would be interested in reading it ;)

Doug :cheers:
I couldn't figure that out either!

stillhunter

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
I met a guy from Florida who came to N.C. to visit his sister who lived beside a friend of mine. He had a big lifted 4x4 Ford truck. He had made a custom, REAL duel train air horn set up tucked under the toolbox in the bed of his truck. He said he built it on his kitchen table and when he tested it, a second of blast and it broke the kitchen windows.
My friend lived in a condo subdivision .My friend asked him to show me the horns. The big horn was about 4' long and the bell looked like a trombone. The guy gave it a 1 second blast and car alarms all up and down the street went off, I mean 20 or more.
The guy that built it said he was sick and tired of all of the snowflakes that stop at ALL RXR crossings that have gates and lights, when there is no train.

He said he would wait until they were finally going over the tracks and he'd blast them loud horns...........he prolly helped the sales of Depends in the town he lives in.

SCHallenger

SCHallenger

ArboristSite Guru
I met a guy from Florida who came to N.C. to visit his sister who lived beside a friend of mine. He had a big lifted 4x4 Ford truck. He had made a custom, REAL duel train air horn set up tucked under the toolbox in the bed of his truck. He said he built it on his kitchen table and when he tested it, a second of blast and it broke the kitchen windows.
My friend lived in a condo subdivision .My friend asked him to show me the horns. The big horn was about 4' long and the bell looked like a trombone. The guy gave it a 1 second blast and car alarms all up and down the street went off, I mean 20 or more.
The guy that built it said he was sick and tired of all of the snowflakes that stop at ALL RXR crossings that have gates and lights, when there is no train.

He said he would wait until they were finally going over the tracks and he'd blast them loud horns...........he prolly helped the sales of Depends in the town he lives in.
That's a 4**** LOL!!!