Truncator 6pro Chainsaw Sawhorse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a variation of one that was discussed in another thread:

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...all-diameter-bent-wood-and-lots-of-it.186935/ (Post #45)

EDIT: They both use the 'Truncator' name, and have similar bases, so either an updated model, or a different version. I like the idea. Could be a good product for the right person. I like the earlier version better - looks like it holds more, and might hold up to heavier use. Would like a heavier duty model than the plastic cups and more stable base for both.

Philbert

Looks like a variation of one that was discussed in another thread:

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...all-diameter-bent-wood-and-lots-of-it.186935/ (Post #45)

EDIT: They both use the 'Truncator' name, and have similar bases, so either an updated model, or a different version. I like the idea. Could be a good product for the right person. I like the earlier version better - looks like it holds more, and might hold up to heavier use. Would like a heavier duty model than the plastic cups and more stable base for both.

Philbert

I didn't see this earlier thread yet, I ll check it out. The black plastic is made from recycled car batteries, which is ABS. I can attest that ABS is tough because I once made a hockey goal of 3" ABS and it held up great to all the pucks flying off it. It never cracked during the cold Michigan winters.

I received the Truncator in exchange for an honest review video. I've only tried it out for a short time and it's working very nice. It makes the limb cutting a breeze. I'll comment back if my opinion changes. I know I'll get honest opinions on this site, so I appreciate your comments.

Added your video to that thread.

I thought that the 'first' version was home made; some guy with access to scrap metal and a bending brake. The ABS cups just looked bulky in your video. But I like the idea of tilting to unload the cut wood, instead of having to lift the pieces. I might block the cups up on scraps of 2X to help keep the chainsaw from cutting into the base board.

The trade off with some the others shown in that thread is that they have much deeper cradles, and can cut lots more wood with each pass. Better for larger pieces and higher volume cutting. Larger, deeper cups might be a compromise design?

Thanks for posting that.

Philbert

Also ran across this video (trying to find yours again via YouTube). This reviewer also liked the product, and offered an interesting idea for mounting it on a trailer (or pickup truck) - starts about 3:20 - loading directly into the bed, which could be really attractive for some folks scrounging in the field.

This part may have been obvious to others, but I had not thought about what might happen if I cut from the 'other side'!
Screen shot 2015-12-23 at 10.32.36 AM.png

Lastly, what would you think about a second bungie cord? Looks like with some really crooked wood, it might help to have 2, spaced apart.

Philbert

A second bungee cord would be helpful. The option to make the wood drop in a trailer is a great idea. I have a 6' x 16' landscape trailer with a 5' mesh ramp gate. If I raised up the Truncator 4" on boards, I could load firewood from the side. I could also put the truncator inside the trailer and walk up the ramp with the limbs and do my cutting there. I like the wheelbarrow idea the guy used in the video you posted.

Back