Trying to identify this Morbark chipper. (Older and Small)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPaint

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It is a small one only 24 HP the engine is an Onan T260G, and it has been sitting for 3 years after it stopped running. It would for personnel use around a 50 acer horse farm. But want to identify it before I make an offer.
Thanks for the help.Morbark 01.pngMorbark 02.png

Hello! Not sure we can help to determine the ownership of this chipper. Maybe we could if we have the serial number. But that is a stretch.

So far the owner has not been able to find a serial number on it. He is about four hundred miles away, so I have not seen it in person, but the price is quite low. It has been sitting for 3 years and does not run.
My brother and I both spend 20 years working in the engine room of Navy ships so can fix most anything we can find manuals for. At this point, I am thinking I will take the chance we can fix it.
Thanks, Jeff

Thanks, Duce I keep that in mind. I did check the Morbark site for a dealer near me but found none. Even when I checked a Muskegon zip code none listed. So I expected to have to go to Grand Rapids to find one. But Winn is not much further 75 miles it looks like. I could actually stop on the way back from picking it up if I go this Friday as planned right now.

Its gotta be free to be worth anything. That gravity fed system is not user friendly for those unfamiliar with how to service and maintain a chipper. The bedknife and the knives need to be well maintained for that unit to even function. I wouldn't recommend it.

This is coming from someone with 3 Morbark Chippers FYI

I have a Tornado 15 and a 13 (2003) and a Cyclone 8. There are great machines but this one is not.

It is a small one only 24 HP the engine is an Onan T260G, and it has been sitting for 3 years after it stopped running. It would for personnel use around a 50 acer horse farm. But want to identify it before I make an offer.
Thanks for the help.View attachment 858299View attachment 858300
Thanks to everyone who has helped and here is the update. I did stop at Morbark on the way home and Yes Duce they are great people to deal with. By the time we were done there had been at least fourteen people how came out and helped to try to identify this chipper. At some time in the past the Mfr plate for the chipper has been removed, but the folks at Morbark were able to trace the serial number on the motor to a build sheet to a chipper. We learned it is a Busy Beever 100, SN 1116 so parts can now be identified. A special thanks to Jeremy Beatty for all the help. So far, I have replaced the fuel pump twice. It was a vacuum operated diaphragm pump, and the inlet nipple broke while attaching the suction line. Body of the pump is plastic, and the nipples are fragile. So, I found a high-quality low pressure electric fuel pump 2.5 to 4 psi as required by Onan. I have also replaced the battery, both tires, both belts and still need to replace both knives. The current set may be sharpenable. So, if anyone knows of a good place to get them sharpened in the Muskegon MI area, let me know. I can always time them to the Vermeer dealer in Coopersville they are about 50 miles away.
Ashley, while is only has a single feed roller, it is not a gravity feed. So not so bad and while I may do small local jobs, it is mostly for use around my 50-acer farm. And with all the work done so far, I still have less than $500 invested. Finding time to work on it is the hardest part now.

Its gotta be free to be worth anything. That gravity fed system is not user friendly for those unfamiliar with how to service and maintain a chipper. The bedknife and the knives need to be well maintained for that unit to even function. I wouldn't recommend it.

This is coming from someone with 3 Morbark Chippers FYI

I have a Tornado 15 and a 13 (2003) and a Cyclone 8. There are great machines but this one is not.

It has a hydraulic feed.

Thanks to everyone who has helped and here is the update. I did stop at Morbark on the way home and Yes Duce they are great people to deal with. By the time we were done there had been at least fourteen people how came out and helped to try to identify this chipper. At some time in the past the Mfr plate for the chipper has been removed, but the folks at Morbark were able to trace the serial number on the motor to a build sheet to a chipper. We learned it is a Busy Beever 100, SN 1116 so parts can now be identified. A special thanks to Jeremy Beatty for all the help. So far, I have replaced the fuel pump twice. It was a vacuum operated diaphragm pump, and the inlet nipple broke while attaching the suction line. Body of the pump is plastic, and the nipples are fragile. So, I found a high-quality low pressure electric fuel pump 2.5 to 4 psi as required by Onan. I have also replaced the battery, both tires, both belts and still need to replace both knives. The current set may be sharpenable. So, if anyone knows of a good place to get them sharpened in the Muskegon MI area, let me know. I can always time them to the Vermeer dealer in Coopersville they are about 50 miles away.
Ashley, while is only has a single feed roller, it is not a gravity feed. So not so bad and while I may do small local jobs, it is mostly for use around my 50-acer farm. And with all the work done so far, I still have less than $500 invested. Finding time to work on it is the hardest part now.

What is 50-acer farm?

Do you mean 50 acres, or acer is some animal?

Happy to hear it’s not set you back to far - as for what you have purposed it to do - that’s a great use for it. I wrongly assumed it was gravity fed and was intend for commercial use.
If it’s working good I’m happy to be wrong !

Back