• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

TS760AV

MagraAdam

MagraAdam

ArboristSite Lurker
Hi guys, I picked up one of these today that runs for $100AUD. The hose fitting looks like it needs replacing. Can I fit a standard garden hose fitting to it?

This is my first old saw, does it run 25:1 or 50:1 (using Stihl oil) and it has an oil port on it that seems to be capped off, does it take bar oil, or is it because it's the same body as an 076?

Anything I should know about these machines?

I assume the 14" blade is something easy enough to find?

Obviously the first thing I'll do is clean it up..

Thanks heaps

Attachments

stihl86

stihl86

ArboristSite Guru
No bar oil. You're correct about the body (case). It should run on 50:1. I find regular dish detergent and water does a good job loosening the dust.
14" wheel with a 25mm center. They have an adpt for a 1" bore. A brass insert for diamond wheels.
They did have a garden hose fitting, but it has to fit the coupler. Which I believe are standard. At least over here.
The saw is a beast.

MagraAdam

MagraAdam

ArboristSite Lurker
No bar oil. You're correct about the body (case). It should run on 50:1. I find regular dish detergent and water does a good job loosening the dust.
14" wheel with a 25mm center. They have an adpt for a 1" bore. A brass insert for diamond wheels.
They did have a garden hose fitting, but it has to fit the coupler. Which I believe are standard. At least over here.
The saw is a beast.
Thanks mate. Here is what the water inlet looks like at the moment. I guess it's missing a few bits?

I was thinking about removing all of those bits, and just fitting 6 inches of hose with a garden hose fitting on the end..?

And you're right about it being a beast. I sounds like a motorbike!

Attachments

NIP Group