Tsumura bar gauge question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIDE-HSV

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK, just bought a new Husqvarna 372xp, after years of running nothing but Stihls, which all, except the little electric saw, run .63. I bought a Tsumura lightweight bar off eBay (I know, I know), advertised as .50. I got it, mounted it and looked at the engraving. There it was, clear as day - ".50 .58". I had always assumed they were not interchangeable and what I've read seems to indicate that. I tried some .50 chain I'd purchased for the saw in the groove. The fit seems to be snug, although I know that can be deceiving. The .63 chains don't really go in at all. Does anyone have a handle on this apparent dual gauge approach? Apparently they consider this bar, 48FV84 as being a hybrid bar, according to their website. They list only the .50-.58 gauge and .63. http://www.suehiroseiko.jp/download/catalogue_en.pdf Any wisdom out there?

Was that engraving on the nose/tip or the bar itself? Some of the Tsumura noses can accommodate multiple gauges. I wasn't aware the bars themselves were this way too.

It was on the replaceable tip. Thanks. I pulled the clutch cover and uncovered the engraving on the bar, which clearly says ".50". As I said, the .50 chain seems to fit snugly and firmly in the saw groove. However, that doesn't explain the page from their site, which doesn't advertise a separate .58 bar...

Latest posts

Back