Tsumura Bars: Do they offer the Light & Tough in 18in. length for the Stihl MS261 using .325/.063 ch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t really think it makes much difference with a short bar like that. Weight becomes more significant the farther away from you it is. On a 36” bar the difference between a light bar and a standard bar is huge. On an 18” bar it’s not really that noticeable.

I don’t really think it makes much difference with a short bar like that. Weight becomes more significant the farther away from you it is. On a 36” bar the difference between a light bar and a standard bar is huge. On an 18” bar it’s not really that noticeable.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was thinking back to when I changed the 24in bar on my 562 from the original Husky to a Tsumura. The difference was 1/4 lb., & it went from being nose heavy to a perfect balance.

I don’t believe they do. Sugihara does.

I think the Stihl bar is lighter.

According to my Stihl dealer it is (or was) made. He found a part no. for it: 207SK2. He ordered one from someone in Wisconsin 7 most. ago. It hasn't shown up yet & maybe never will. I bought the 24in bar from a dealer in BC, Canada, but can't remember his name or handle. If anyone can jog my memory, I would appreciate it.

Hi, I am that dealer here in BC Canada, but I don't have any 18 inch anymore, sold the last one a few months back. I have the 16 and 20's in 063 guage.

Thanks.

Dave
Thanks for the reply. Do you expect to get any more of the 18in, or are they no longer available? I really like the 18 with .325. It serves my purposes well. The 24in that you sold me for my 562 is everything I could ask for. It balances that saw perfectly.

Thanks for the reply. Do you expect to get any more of the 18in, or are they no longer available? I really like the 18 with .325. It serves my purposes well. The 24in that you sold me for my 562 is everything I could ask for. It balances that saw perfectly.

I would order some if they had a small batch made but they were very slow sellers so I don't plan to order another 50 to be made. I thought they would have sold better. Sorry,

Dave

Back