TURD of a Husqvarna T435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a top handle saw, not a felling saw. I sell a great many of these smaller saws and they work just fine for what they are intended to do. They are no MS 200T by any stretch but then again that is the gold standard.

anyway i brought the saw to my dealer's
he fiddled around and asked if i bought it from him, i said no i got a better deal from someone else
and he pulls the muffler and took the screen out
VOILA ! it rips now ! lol what a surprise, its snappy and cuts very very well much to my surprise !

They still respond well to a muffler mod - you just have look at the whole system as it's not just the outlet but that pipe arrangement that needs "adjustment".
They also go alright with a timing bump.

I actually think they are underrated, and just as good as the rest of the second tier top handles.

They still respond well to a muffler mod - you just have look at the whole system as it's not just the outlet but that pipe arrangement that needs "adjustment".
They also go alright with a timing bump.

I actually think they are underrated, and just as good as the rest of the second tier top handles.

i was curious to MM but the muffler is very odd and i have no idea where to begin

ya think so ? it cant be that bad right

I did one maybe two years ago.....

Memory says that when you look at that weird pipe and the muffler you can see the most restrictive points fairly easily and it was where the pipe and muffler joined. Somewhere.
I can't be more help, but I remember thinking "gotcha"
Think I took about a quarter of the key to advance it too.

anyway i got my t435 muffler modded and it rips now !
the difference is astonishing, the acceleration is fantastic
i bet if muffler got opened more the throttle response will be even better
but its good enough for me, the cut times improved close to 30%
it should be broke in right now, it doesnt bog at all and screams right through with bar buried
hardwood 18" or more no problem it goes like hot knife through butter
it revs really hard in the cut, im going to leave it as it is right now
the rpm its spinning right now got me worried about longevity

every t435 needs muffler mod ! fiddling the limiters dont make much difference

im getting another 1 soon and getting it MM right out of the box before even putting it to use !

robin wood. What did you do to the muffler? remove inside baffle?

I’m new to the top handle saws do you limb with them? One hand cutting?

Here for decades the tree cutter guys used the Jonsered. If they dropped one they were cheap to replace.

robin wood. What did you do to the muffler? remove inside baffle?

you have to uncrimp the muffler to access the inner baffle
i didnt remove the baffle completely, drilled few holes
opened restrictions with some grinding, the exhaust gas has to go through a race circuit like pattern
to exit
figured its epa BS and made sure there's no bottle neck for exhaust gas exit
fuel consumption increased quite abit with MM, but the power gained is totally worth it
i noticed big improvement in job completion time, which matters for contractors like me
hope this helps

awesome thank you. Just bought a new t435. Going to mess with it this weekend. Seen guys also hog out the intake and mess with timing.

the only one i have messed with responded well to a pretty major timing advance. like almost a whole flywheel fin advanced. along with muffler mod similar to that described above, and retune carb, it was like a completely different saw.

No idea on fuel usage, did it for a friend who pretty much uses it as a saw for the chipper to cut any limbs that arent cooperating. Hes happy with it. It was totally useless before those couple mods.

I also have a t435 that I climb with. I've taken the screen out and it is a little better. I'm curious how to advance the timing though, never done that. Anyone care to explain? Thanks.

I also have a t435 that I climb with. I've taken the screen out and it is a little better. I'm curious how to advance the timing though, never done that. Anyone care to explain? Thanks.
Me as well interested in the muffler mod and timing advance.. taking off muffler now..

About the only way to advance the timing is to move the flywheel counter clockwise a bit or move the module clockwise to the flywheel. This is sometimes done by elongating the bolt holes in the module frame or an offset key in the flywheel. You can also remove the flywheel key and turn the flywheel a bit but make sure you tighten it down good...Most muffler mods are done by gutting the insides of the muffler by different amounts and enlarging the exit..

Latest posts

Back