Two huztl saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosocat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have 2 saws I picked up from huztl, just to fool with. A g111, which is the clone of the ms200, and a g372 65cc which I think is supposed to be a clone of the husky. I like both of them well enough. I know some people hate them, but I haven't had any problems with them yet. But one thing I've noticed is that both of them really drink gas. A tankful is only good for about 15 - 20 minutes of solid cutting time. Is this normal? Did the genuine versions of these saws have reputations for being fuel thirsty?

I have not been able to determine a difference in fuel consumption. I really like my 372 which is replacing 3 460 XT. I would be an extra happy camper if any go past five years. My 070 is on it's forth year now. Thanks

Ive got a 660 coming...be here Wednesday and i have a box of mods to do to it...

Probably order a G070 this week

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

mine have all been great, very few issues with any of my clones...
I have the 372, 660, 440 clones, and I have the real deal in each of them except the 440 right now.

As much as I might like or dislike Huztl saws I wouldn't place an order at this time. The reason is because I ordered one part from them and the shipping time was 2 months to get here. The last time it took almost that much. I've ordered from other Chinese companies and got the parts in as little as 2 weeks! It'll be awhile before I order from Huztl again....

I have 2 saws I picked up from huztl, just to fool with. A g111, which is the clone of the ms200, and a g372 65cc which I think is supposed to be a clone of the husky. I like both of them well enough. I know some people hate them, but I haven't had any problems with them yet...
@hosocat -- Do you have any new updates on the G111 clone of the ms200/201 ? I need a new tree saw and I'm just a weekend warrior so I can't justify a "real" TH saw price...so I'm thinking of the G111. Have you put much time on yours? How does it perform?
Anyone else have any reports on the G111? Looks like it would be about $300 delivered...

@hosocat -- Do you have any new updates on the G111 clone of the ms200/201 ? I need a new tree saw and I'm just a weekend warrior so I can't justify a "real" TH saw price...so I'm thinking of the G111. Have you put much time on yours? How does it perform?
Anyone else have any reports on the G111? Looks like it would be about $300 delivered...

Hmmmm, $300 delivered for a copy or for another 2 bills an as new from @lonewolf?
Yeah, I know- near double the price- but at least twice the saw?

My only problem with the g111 so far is that it only cuts for about 10 or 15 minutes before i run out of gas. Im not sure if this is normal or not. Imo if you are a pro or heavy user a name brand is a better option. But for the occasional weekend warrior the g111 seems to do fine. But im also pretty gentle on my equipment in general, so i tend to have things last longer than some i know. And the g111 is not really over 300 dollars. Current price is a little over 200, i think. In hind sight it might have been wiser for me to buy a stihl 194 or echo 2500. But im pretty happy with the g111.

My only problem with the g111 so far is that it only cuts for about 10 or 15 minutes before i run out of gas. Im not sure if this is normal or not. Imo if you are a pro or heavy user a name brand is a better option. But for the occasional weekend warrior the g111 seems to do fine. But im also pretty gentle on my equipment in general, so i tend to have things last longer than some i know. And the g111 is not really over 300 dollars. Current price is a little over 200, i think. In hind sight it might have been wiser for me to buy a stihl 194 or echo 2500. But im pretty happy with the g111.
Maybe it's just not broke in yet or the adjustments are a little off. Most of the little saws I've had would run a long time on a tankful.

Is your pickup filter positioned at the bottom of the tank?

The 200t and 201t have larger capacity tanks for 35cc saws but they seem to empty them quickly. Ive been caught off guard a few times by how quickly one runs thru a tank and start troubleshooting only to find its bone dry already.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back