Two medium pine trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't leave my friction saver and climbing line in the tree as I fell it. Could damage those things easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I know. I forgot my rigging line back home that day, and used the climbing rope as a backup in case the wedges wasn't enough.
Thanks for the tip anyway!

What are your thoughts on the battery powered husky? I've been thinking of getting one. Where I'm at there's a lot of removals lately where I could just climb up, make a few cuts and then flop a pretty big portion of tree from the ground. I'm thinking battery powered might be a way to go.

Nice video, also.

I must say I'm very impressed with the T536 LiXP. I find it efficient enough for medium removals and of course pruning.
I see many people are sceptical to the T536, but most of them have just read the specs and not used it on a actual job.
In practice, when dismantling a tree, I claim one battery is equal to one tank of gasoline on a regular arborist saw. The T536 will use some seconds longer than 201T when it comes to the largest branches, but cutting branches is not what takes the most time up in the tree.
The biggest advantage of the T536 in my opinion, is the safety of not having to pull the cord all the time. Press one button and you are ready to go. Every time!
Also, the need of maintenance are close to none. No air filter, no spark plug, almost no moving parts. Fill the oil tank, charge the battery and you are good to go.

I have no problem recommend others to buy the T536.

In this video () I used one battery on each tree.

In this video () I compare T536 vs ms180 vs ms280 vs ms362 cutting fresh birch 32cm diameter.
Both the T536 and ms180 are equipped with brand new stihl 14", 1,1mm chain.

On my YouTube channel http://bit.ly/1uPeSl3 you'll find more videos where I use the T536.

Thanks for the input. My mind was pretty much already made up, it's on my list of things I'm going to buy....
One battery per tree is pretty impressive. Plus you had to pull the starter rope 0 times per tree!

Back