Two Oak Mantles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not a very good pic, but it's all I have. I made two sliding barn doors and one small sliding barn door for the bathroom in their guest room. They are building a custom timber frame home in NC. I'm not sure how these mantles are working. She said one goes over the fire place and the other under. I'll have to wait till she gets them installed and get more pics. We were working on the last door tonight and I said I needed to get a picture of the mantles, and she started laughing. She came and got them this afternoon while I was out. here's what I have, Joe

lIXr2Xh.jpg

Y9Kgfp9.jpg

HxzUoCf.jpg

My friend sent pics of the mounts she plans on using for the mantles. Pretty simple and looks strong. It's a square steel plate with a round 4 1/2" long rod welded to it. The plate bolts to supports in the wall, drill holes in the mantle and it slides right on the rods, epoxy in place. Pics coming soon as she hangs them, Joe.

My friend sent pics of the mounts she plans on using for the mantles. Pretty simple and looks strong. It's a square steel plate with a round 4 1/2" long rod welded to it. The plate bolts to supports in the wall, drill holes in the mantle and it slides right on the rods, epoxy in place. Pics coming soon as she hangs them, Joe.
I think I get the idea.........
DSCN1282.JPG DSCN1370.JPG

Nice work, i like the doors.
Thanks, I recovered several hundred 1" X 6" Oak fence boards, been making all kinds of stuff. Made some nice Blue Bird boxes. Then my wife has a friend that has a prayer ministry and they asked me to make a bunch of crosses on stands, they turned out well. Making the smaller crosses lets me use a lot of the scraps that I didn't want to burn. The boards are all 30-50 years old and the wood under the gray is beautiful, Joe.

Thanks, I recovered several hundred 1" X 6" Oak fence boards, been making all kinds of stuff. Made some nice Blue Bird boxes. Then my wife has a friend that has a prayer ministry and they asked me to make a bunch of crosses on stands, they turned out well. Making the smaller crosses lets me use a lot of the scraps that I didn't want to burn. The boards are all 30-50 years old and the wood under the gray is beautiful, Joe.
Built these from a black walnut tree I dropped about 3 years ago.. Was a lot of work for a flip house. New owners will probably tear it out anywayIMG_20171125_170820.jpg IMG_20180119_182326.jpg

Latest posts

Back