Two Splitter Plan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Wolfe ridge splitter and very happy with it, so far nothing I’d want to change or modify. I don’t see anything in that pile that would be an issue. I do like the sharp narrow wedge, it slices right thru twisted knots. I have both 4 and 6 way wedges, I pretty much leave the 4 way on for larger wood.
Pro 22C or what? I like that machine and it’s American. Featured on Outdoors with the Morgan’s too. I have seen a Wolfe Super HO at a local tree service commercial wood lot for sale but it was too much machine for me and hammered. You always have to hold balance Wolfe logs on the beam it doesn’t have the slick cradle like Eastonmade. It’s an extra motion.

With the TW-6 I had, I had to clear under the wings to lower the wedge. With the Eastonmade cradle, I don't think you would need to do that, being raised off the beam. If that's the case, it would be a huge time/hassle saver. Another thing to look at is if the four-way lowers enough, level with the beam or cradle, to split two-way, or do you need to pull the four-way off and set it aside on the ground. The TW-6 did not lower enough to split 2-way, it had to be removed. Not a big deal, but could be an awkward lift at times depending on the split pile, log lift, etc. Walking around is an option, but after awhile you begin to appreciate a well thought out splitter. Eastonmade's changeable (as in removable) box wedge is a great option, the only one I'd need.

Pro 22C or what? I like that machine and it’s American. Featured on Outdoors with the Morgan’s too. I have seen a Wolfe Super HO at a local tree service commercial wood lot for sale but it was too much machine for me and hammered. You always have to hold balance Wolfe logs on the beam it doesn’t have the slick cradle like Eastonmade. It’s an extra motion.
I just have the 28 Pro I just use it for fire wood at my cabin. The 22C gains you the hydraulic adjustable wedge and stiffer beam the cylinder, pump and motor are the same. I would have loved a 22C or 28C but then wanted auto cycle and that was up in the 7500 range and couldn’t justify it for my homeowner use. I’m sure Eastonmade is great too, I’m about an hour away from Wolfe Ridge so could drive over and check em out and pick it up at the factory

Latest posts

Back