Two things

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well durn it all. Fired up the stove again. Spring seems to be keeping us in a holding pattern. Got a load of white pine burning. That should do the trick. At least the late frost we had killed off a bunch of skeeters. Rather nice out these days.

Walking down the aisle in Menards today and I passed some kind of scented product - pine, cinnamon, pumpkin whatever. Suddenly I felt the thrill you get when the first cold day comes in the fall and you can start the fire and look at the snow. Heck, I'm getting a thrill just thinking about it. But I guess we have to go through summer first. Not looking forward to that here. Wish I lived back in MT. Oh well. Going there for a visit in a few weeks.

Carry on.

Been having a once a day fire to take the chill off the last 2 weeks. Stopped raining long enough to cut the grass a couple times and split & stack 2 cords for 2019-20. Still have to take down some EAB ash, about a cord and a half to finish off that winter. Got 2 inches of rain today so the mud is back, not to mention the blackflies. So I'm at a standstill for a bit.

Saturday I had a little fire. It was low 50s and raining. Yesterday it was 87 and sunny but the rest of the week looks like highs in the low 50s. I'm glad it's going to stay cool for a while. I'm not ready for mid to upper 80s I don't usually have any fires in May. But it looks like I may just burn up the rest of the leftover winter wood stacked in the garage. It was an unusually warm winter. Only went through 3 cords and I usually go through 5ish.

We had two morning fires last week, might have a couple this week maybe. It gets in the 40s at night, we burn. Having to mow twice a week right now, no fun in the mud. Everything is soggy ground or mud.

Been cool today, Kinda upsets me.lol Snakes won't be on the water, besides it's flooded right now.Tons of fun shootin water moccassins swimming across a snake infested pond with a 300 blk and watchin em fly up in the air. and then bustin em while there in the air.

Would like to see a video of that...

We have about a week of low-mid 50's for the lows in the forecast once this next front moves thru here tomorrow. It feels great compared to what May usually is like down here...hot.

Had to fire ours up again last night. Cold, damp, and windy here. It's definitely been a roller coaster spring. 60's in February, then snow. Then 70s in March and cold again. Last week it was 80. I've never had to burn in May here. It looks like I'll have to burn all week. More rain is coming too. This weather reminds of when I went to northern Wisconsin the first week of May several years ago.

I've only let the fire go out twice so far, yesterday I lit it off again when I came home from felling and brushing a big Willow (clearance project). Out again now but I will have to lit it off this evening. Temps been low/mid 50s for a couple weeks with almost daily showers. Wx guessers say dray and warmer rest of week with possibility of breaking 80 on Thursday.

after a mini week long heat wave in early April (well, we hit mid 20s Celsius, thats a nice July day here), London has returned to daily highs in the low teens Celsius and light frosts over night. As of tonight I'm on to pallet wood. Hmmm.

Havent had a fire in about a Month. Nothing going on here but rain and heavy winds. Power went off twice last nite. Rain storms every evening. Got garden in the ground so the rain should help with that. Little cold snap right now, 49f. We call it blackberry winter because the blackberries are in full bloom. Wife made some strawberry jam yesterday. Yum Yum on my toast this morning.

Back