TylerTx, arborist Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disabled Vet.

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Disabled Veteran, I am currently armed with 450e Husqvarna. However I lack equipment to deal with my Widow maker in backyard. It is a black walnut that is wind blown into a white Oak see pic. Is there a local arborist in my Area willing to assist with the removal of this tree, I don't have the money to pay a tree service my bid quote 1,300.00 usd honestly I am on a fixed income and cannot afford this type of expense.

Attachments

• 1596412140952636643768563000939.jpg
    1596412140952636643768563000939.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Well that is the issue everyone is out to earn that mighty dollar, I have asked most people with a tractor wants 200.0 just to pull it down. That is why America has become the way it is.

If you can deal with it once it is down, you might see if a company will just put it on the ground for you. A lot of the cost is in cleanup...
Everyone i have spoken with wants Money to pull it to ground but i will keep searching.

Do you own a good rope and come-a-long or rope-a-long?
Yeah, I tried that already, with 690 lbs, working load doubled, come-a-long snapped the rope shackles stop by the tree trunk I was anchored on. Good thing I stood behind the tree in case that happened, which it did lucky me!! Right.

Disabled Veteran, I am currently armed with 450e Husqvarna. However I lack equipment to deal with my Widow maker in backyard. It is a black walnut that is wind blown into a white Oak see pic. Is there a local arborist in my Area willing to assist with the removal of this tree, I don't have the money to pay a tree service my bid quote 1,300.00 usd honestly I am on a fixed income and cannot afford this type of expense.
Is it all on your property? Are there any power/utility lines near it?
Looks like a wooded area, if I were in your position, I'd leave it alone, keep clear, and let nature do it's thing - as long as it doesn't pose an immediate danger.
I'd say it will come down on it's own eventually. :drinkingcoffee:

I would not expect a professional operation to do this potentially dangerous job for free. I assume there is no friend who can help. You could post a beg for money on gofundme.com

Is it all on your property? Are there any power/utility lines near it?
Looks like a wooded area, if I were in your position, I'd leave it alone, keep clear, and let nature do it's thing - as long as it doesn't pose an immediate danger.
I'd say it will come down on it's own eventually. :drinkingcoffee:
Yes, at residential property it is next to my workshop I don't want it to roll and crush it.
I would not expect a professional operation to do this potentially dangerous job for free. I assume there is no friend who can help. You could post a beg for money on gofundme.com
I have more pride than that, I would rather ask on sites like this to potentially find someone willing to assist, My family and i have only been at this location for 3 yrs we have a few acquaintances not friends, and Family is even farther away.

Yes, at residential property it is next to my workshop I don't want it to roll and crush it.
I have more pride than that, I would rather ask on sites like this to potentially find someone willing to assist, My family and i have only been at this location for 3 yrs we have a few acquaintances not friends, and Family is even farther away.
Also I didn't say free i just said willing to assist with small compensation for their time i just can't afford 1300.00 I could do like 250.00 but not 1300.00. I can deal with clean up I have 4 acres to burn it all on.

Also I didn't say free i just said willing to assist with small compensation for their time i just can't afford 1300.00 I could do like 250.00 but not 1300.00. I can deal with clean up I have 4 acres to burn it all on.
I'm no expert, but looks to me like that tree will be hanging a long time. Move that shed if you're worried about it.

Latest posts

Back