• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Typical meteor pc quality?

Ccarignan

Ccarignan

ArboristSite Lurker
A87CF11A-E667-40FC-91F9-2D9150CCC1EB.jpeg Nothing against Baileys here, they’re just a supplier. Not sure where else to post this really. Just picked up a meteor stihl 046 meteor piston and cylinder kit, piston looks as nice as one could, intake side of the cylinder leaves a bit to be desired. I’ll jist say I’m glad I’m planning on porting it.

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Its & strange thing seeing the finish on the inlet on the meteor cylinder Near to the end of my 125cc 2Smokebike road racing days I managed to purchase a spare motor from a Moto Gp competitor it had been rebuilt & was ADM cases Honda barrel /power valve & as I found out later modified Yamaha head fitted to my RS 125cc Honda it had been built & prepared by the guys at ADM to say it went well was an understatement it was a flyerafter pulling the cylinder etc after the first race meeting I was gobsmacked at the finish of the ports the finish was much rougher than the ports on the other barrels I contacted AM to be assured they 're all like that i took the motor back to ADM who checked it on their Dyno it produced north of 5 BHP more than my other motors around 55 BHP at the rear wheel at 13500 revs I managed to win quite a few races with it before the demise of the 125cc 2 smoke class was phased out

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Professional outdoor work gear & equipment
Website
www.baileysonline.com
View attachment 676933 Nothing against Baileys here, they’re just a supplier. Not sure where else to post this really. Just picked up a meteor stihl 046 meteor piston and cylinder kit, piston looks as nice as one could, intake side of the cylinder leaves a bit to be desired. I’ll jist say I’m glad I’m planning on porting it.
Hey Cearignan, I went and checked stock and the rest of the meteor 046 jugs have that bit ground off like this. It ain't pretty but should run fine.

Orangeinthebarn

Orangeinthebarn

ArboristSite Operative
View attachment 676933 Nothing against Baileys here, they’re just a supplier. Not sure where else to post this really. Just picked up a meteor stihl 046 meteor piston and cylinder kit, piston looks as nice as one could, intake side of the cylinder leaves a bit to be desired. I’ll jist say I’m glad I’m planning on porting it.
That’s awful

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks like it can use some touch up? Port that sucker? Then chamfer the port edges with 400 grip paper. A little over zealous on the chamfering.

Definitive Dave

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
Meteor acknowledged a while ago that there was a serious problem with the MS460 cylinder kits and they shouldn't be sold, the retailers can easily get credit for the kits and they are supposed to be thrown away, if you got one of the defective MS460 Meteor cylinder kits return it to your seller for a refund, they are not meant to be used that way.
Dave