• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ugly husqvarna 288

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marti384

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a beat up looking 288 for sale. It runs and cuts well. The starter cover is rough, there appears to be a brass plumbing fitting epoxied in where the rope goes through. It is missing all of the chain brake guts and handle. The top cover had cracks that were fixed with fiberglass mat and resin and then spray painted orange enamel for plastic with a high temp clear for engines over top. I think there is supposed to be a little plastic dust gaurd under the sprocket that is missing. The hole for the decomp wasn't originally there, I drilled it and did a poor job of it. The fuel tank handle seems a little crooked.
The good is that the case is good, no stripped out screw holes, it cuts great, and you don't have to worry about getting it scratched. It has new seals, fuel line, caber ring, and pull rope. I have run two tanks of fuel through it since I got it in the winter, so this is all I know. The piston had some scratches that I wet sanded out with some 600 grit paper, there wasn't any scoring on the cylinder so I didn't touch it, but it looked like maybe the previous owner scotchbrited it? But after that and the new ring it is only pushing 160psi, so maybe the piston is getting a little worn out?ebay 002.JPG ebay 005.JPG ebay 004.JPG ebay 006 (2).JPG ebay 007 (2).JPG ebay 008 (2).JPG ebay 009 (2).JPG ebay 010.JPG ebay 011.JPG ebay 012.JPG I would like to get $260 + actual shipping PHO.
Video of saw :

You wanting to trade for anything??? or strictly cash??? it fits my JYD type of saw!!!
What is JYD? I think the only thing I would really want besides cash would be a 50-60" 3/8 husky mount bar and chain for my mill, but I will put some more thought into it

That or maybe we can just assume that, since the ad has been untouched in 6 months, that its probly sold or off the market and we can leave this thread 20 pages down where it came from.

Latest posts

Back