UK stumpgrinders in a cooperative network

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpy66

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As an independant stumpgrinder, ie i choose to support tree surgeons with there stump removal not provide them with yet more competition. I know that Stumpbusters has the upperhand in the UK with a nationwide advertising campaign. I know that if there were enough independant stumpgrinding companies out there, 10 for a start up we could pool a little resource and fund a website (yearly cost £200ish) and local/national advertising that would give the independants as good a coverage as stumpbusters..and better quality. perhaps we could start a federation of stump grinders...something along those lines....food for though..or pipe dream...your comments please..

This is an interresting thought. Got to go and bash a stump or 2 out know so ill ponder on this while im under my helmet staring at the ground :confused:

I currently own a Vermeer 252 and the small Sc130. Got on order the new 352 Turbo Diesel 35hp being delivered next tuesday and the 130 is being replaced by the danequip 25spp 27 hp petrol. So selling the 252 and the 130 soon probebly on ebay.:)

I too run a 352 and an adapted 961 dosko.....good to hear from you ian, what is your area and is stumping your main thing.......stumpbusters seem to have the monopoly at the minute when people searching is concerned....i think that if a few got together then we could match them at advertising nationally...internet and magazines like the landscaper, essential arb...i personally cannot justify advertising in a national magazine because of the cost for me and the cust, we cannot cover that area....bringing together a few of us to cover the cost nationally and through a website under a federation, cooperative, stumpgrinders uk type of thing makes a lot of sense to me.....to start as stevie says, get links to each other from our own websites ....there are a few of us about....a little can go a long way..links will cost nothing and if nothing else get us talking to other stumpers in the UK..

hello stumpy, no stumps arent my main bag i run my own tree business and have a 27hp s/propelled stumpgrinder, i also have a machinery and equipment dealership on the go

i wish you all the best wtih your venture ,
Paramount in the mind of any arborist you may wish to offer your service too, is will they poach 'other work' once introduced to my customer if you can over come that scepticism then your idea is a good one, also a point to consider is how to portion up areas dividing boundarys between co-op members

Your right Iain. An association type group would not require boundaries but the criteria laid out would mean that if my nearest competitor fitted the entry criteria then he could join. This would give no benefit to me when advertising through an association. However if it was just a co-operative splitting the UK up and seeking good quality professional stumper's in that area then national advertising, buying power etc.... would become very attractive....

I make a point of saying that although i have the capability and some qualifications i only do stumps......this was at the forefront of my mind when starting as a stumper....the idea certainly has legs......i apprieciate all the input..

Stumpy66 Independent Stump Grinders

HOORAY! FOR A COOPERATIVE, AT LAST I MEET ANOTHER LIKE MIND WHO WANTS TO TAKE THIS BUSINESS SERIOUSLY AND PROVIDE A LOCAL/NATIONAL ALTERNATIVE TO STUMPBUSTERS,SURELY AN ASSOCIATION OF QUALITY SERVICE PROVIDERS WITH A NATIONAL WEB SITE AND LOCAL LINKS IS A MUST. COUNT ME IN, COME ON STUMPERS LETS TAKE THEM ON

JRK.STUMPED::blob2:

it is getting there, there will be a revenue stream in competition to stumpbusters soon. I will get more details up and running and feed it out..register your interest now..Uk stumpgrinders unite!!!

Stumpy66 Independent Stump Grinders

10 out of 10 for rollacoasta, welcome to the happy band of independant stumpgrinders who want to take this job seriously. stumpy66 has done a great job so far, brilliant trial website lets march on
PS.......JUST WATCHED STUMPBUSTERS FRANCHISE DVD......... THEY SAY IT;S EASY

REGARDS STUMPED!!:cheers:

I think there is a general opinion amongst independant stump grinders that something that brings us together to have a national face is a good thing...I think there is a sceptisism about if it is possible and how it would be funded. There are a few routes
route 1) my original idea of a non profit cooperative. i like this idea a lot but do not know how members spread all over would make this work, and then the costs have to be shared with some perhaps feeling like they may be not getting as much out of it as others...tricky one..
route 2) well.............. ideas required.....i intend to set the site up and advertise it from my own pocket to start, i am local but in theory instead of putting my own business directly (on google clicks) i will put a simple national website www.nationwide-stump-removal.co.uk up instead..and if my idea works, i should get work out of it...and so should those also listed. so if you want in on the 'free for you' trial let me know.......i guess this is me putting my money and idea where my mouth is!!

Feedback has been good. this is a long term project and it will be created from feedback and active participation.

The idea is a worker and is what we as independants need for more work, a saving in advertising, running costs and a means of bringing stumpgrinding to the publics attention. Be good for us to mesh up and bring some continuity to the world of stumping..

Its all good....

Feed back..get listed on the updated national map and lets see where it takes us....

Rob

A Reply To A Number Of Point's In Stumpy66 Latest Post.

Firstly I'm In Even If There's Only 2 Of Us(web Site Details Shortly)

Secondly How Does It Work? Who Knows! But It Will.
My Personal Opinion Stump Grinders Serious About This Idea Need To Confirm Involvement Now,from Those Confirmations We Stop Any Further Recruitment(a Cut Off Date). Cost's Involved For The Set Up Of The Site Will Be Divided Equally Amongst Those Original Members,so Everybody Put's Their Money Where Their Mouth Is.
When The Co-op/site Is Up & Running Addition Of New Members Resumes Subject To A Subscription Equal To The Original Members Input
How Do We Effect This? We Need To Have A Forum, A Meeting Some Where Convenient For Those Initial Members To Get To And Clarify Objectives And Purpose And Express Concerns And What They Want From A Co-op If You Are Not Prepared To Do This Are You Really Committed To The Idea......with Regard To The Sceptics They Will Want In When It Works.
Some People May Get More Of A Response Than Others True, But 16 Years Of Advertising Locally Tell Me This Will Be The Most Cost Effective Way Of Promoting A Professional Service,secondly I Might Be Flat Out,ill, Going On Holiday It Would Be Nice To Have Somebody From My Own Co-op Cover Any Commitments I Can Not.
I Hope This Will Provoke A Response, It's Time For Actions Not Words........stumpbusters Have Done It Why Can't You

i want to keep it simple, but stumped has a point about covering areas, i know a grave digger mate and they do the same....a lot of trust involved though.....but check the website and let me know about any uk independant stumpgrinders for incusion in the free for now Uk directory of independant stumpgrinders...

Uk Stump-grinders Co-operative

TO STUMPY 66 AND ALL OTHER LIKE MINDS.

SEEM'S TO HAVE GONE A LITTLE QUIET ON THE CO-OPERATIVE FRONT.
WHATS HAPPENING?.........IS IT HAPPENING!

HOPE WERE NOT:deadhorse:

Been out of action for a while, sent mail to Stumpy66 but no reply, it would be good for all us guys to meet up and discuss this

Latest posts

Back