Ultimate light weight do all saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve had my share of top quality saws. Saws come and go but I currently have a 066, 346xp ne, 262xp and a couple crap saws I never even use. I fine myself using the 346 and 262 simply because they cut fast and are lighter. Admittedly I’ve been out of the new saw game. Last I was into it was before the epa was cracking down and they were about to come out with the x-torq stuff.

So is there a killer lightweight saw that could rock a 18-20 inch bar that I don’t know about? Anything that will best the 346 and 262? Either lighter or faster or both?

Pretty tough to top a 346 in small wood. There are other 50cc saws that will outcut it in larger wood but for limbing it’s the ticket.

Stihl 462 is similar in weight to the 262 and more powerful.

Way too heavy for the wood around here, the 201 rear handle would rule them all.
You're living downtown amazons or up creek alaska? - because it makes a difference to what would be the ultimate saw obviously.
- Yea most of the wood around my property is 60" 500 year old oak... Light weight limbing saw is Husky 120cc with big dogs and a 100" tsunami bar.

Most of the time a 18” bar is totally fine for the wood I cut. I used to have a crappy little husky 142 I used for the small stuff but I let my brother in-law use it and it’s his now haha. I’m not cutting down to 1 saw or anything. The 066 will cut anything I’m ever gonna come across. I wasn’t sure if in my time away a better option came out try and all.

Maybe have the 262 ported with a big bore kit?
A light weight, more power than a 346/262 sporting a 18”/20” bar hasn’t been made yet in a husky.

I like my 70cc with a 20", perfect power to bar length properties. You want a poor saw with a good bar on it?

The faster cutting speed starts between 65/75 cc’s, but the weight increases too.

In my area the answer to the thread master would be MS241 with a 13" bar, that's 26" felling capacity.
I don't consider above 4,5kg to be a lightweight saw, in fact I don't consider above 4kg to be a lightweight saw.
5kg/50cc is a medium saw, 70cc/6.5kg is a big saw. Above that is a "I want to be a big strong man" saw.
The definition of a small saw is 25cc, those weighs 3kg or less. Sometimes it's a good thing to get some perspective.

Stihl 261, 362, 462 or Husky 550mkII, 562, 572 are all more modern and great tools. Maybe more user friendly, but similar or worse in power and longevity. What you have is good. Buying a new saw would just be for fun or constant use.

Hey guys I’ve had my share of top quality saws. Saws come and go but I currently have a 066, 346xp ne, 262xp and a couple crap saws I never even use. I fine myself using the 346 and 262 simply because they cut fast and are lighter. Admittedly I’ve been out of the new saw game. Last I was into it was before the epa was cracking down and they were about to come out with the x-torq stuff.

So is there a killer lightweight saw that could rock a 18-20 inch bar that I don’t know about? Anything that will best the 346 and 262? Either lighter or faster or both?
Husky 350 with a 346 cylinder and piston, lighter than the 346 with the same get up n go. Should handle a 20” er no problem.

Echo cs520 was a fun saw with a 20" bar

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back