Ultrasonic cleaner timer hack.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Reaction score
USC project.small HF model.
Had this one awhile,,put something in it i shouldnt have and it overflowed and killed it.
took it apart,found a corroded leg on a chip,cleaned and resoldered and it worked
looking at that board i saw the timer button real close to the chip,,now i been meening to look into by passing that timer for awhile now.
Took out the fluke and started tracing circuits,well,turns out some need power to do that so i studied and made an educated guess.
got it second guess !!!..knew i was close due to standard layout of a timer IC,,this one had NO id on it at all or i could have looked it up.
did not bypass timer completely but,,,,,,the on/off button now turns the timer on OR off !
machine turns on when plugged in like always.
the timer button works as it should.
on/off button turns timer off and unit stays on or push on/off button and it turns timer on and it counts down and shuts of.
now for an inline switch.

If anybody has the large HF model broke they could pull the timer button board out of and send me a pic i could see about hacking that one,,but it may be the same board.. ?

MVC-444F.JPG

I've never used a ultrasonic cleaner or looked at one up close... I don't understand what is the benefit of having the timer bypassed... I'm sure it is a good one, but I can't think of anything unless it is annoying somehow.

Obviously this is over my head, but I'm super curious.

I've never used a ultrasonic cleaner or looked at one up close... I don't understand what is the benefit of having the timer bypassed... I'm sure it is a good one, but I can't think of anything unless it is annoying somehow.

The small model only runs for 3 min then shuts the machine off. Its really a pain in the a$$. The larger model runs for up to 8 min. Still a pain but better.

The thing about the more affordable ones is they have a programable timer you can set but they dont stay on long enough for most.
this one like most had a max of 480 seconds.
a PITA to keep going back and resetting it .

The small model only runs for 3 min then shuts the machine off. Its really a pain in the a$$. The larger model runs for up to 8 min. Still a pain but better.

Yeh,,8 min aint enuf !!

Any timer can be hacked,,but,,,on the chinee stuff they dont put the info on the chips so you cant look them up to find the pin out to hack them.
foutunatelly most are close enuf to find what you need.

with the unit plugged in there will be voltage to one leg and usually on the other side to the front is the "latch " or "clock" you can jump to.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tim...F-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GIGM_enUS504

Nice nerd work! I think you might be the first cleaner tuner here!

This has been discussed for years now and nothing done abouit it..'

the HF cl;eaners work well for the price but the timer is the biggest complaint.

stihl need to see a board on the larger models,,,so i can hack that too.

If i get a chance to look further i may be able to hack more like out put Freq and power :)

Modded carb cleaner. Lol. Good on ya' for keeping her out of the landfill. What's next? Modded ball pein?

But what if the timer is to keep it from overheating and frying itself.........

This little one dont have a heater..
tho the cavitation will warm the water .
everything around the tank is far enough away to not be bothered by heat except the transducers,,i dont see a problem with even boiling water in them.

This little one dont have a heater..
tho the cavitation will warm the water .
everything around the tank is far enough away to not be bothered by heat except the transducers,,i dont see a problem with even boiling water in them.

On the bigger larger heated 2.5 litter model the heater is on a 45min timer. So I don't see a over heating problem there either. It has three buttons a on/off, timer, and heater. It heats the water pretty fast too.

On the bigger larger heated 2.5 litter model the heater is on a 45min timer. So I don't see a over heating problem there either. It has three buttons a on/off, timer, and heater. It heats the water pretty fast too.

I just posted about the hack on the larger one.

It also has a thermistor to shut off the heater when it gets to a certain temp.

So there is no need to be concerned.

Back