Underbidding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I'm thinking of buying a 30 year old dump truck and a genie lift, then I can run with the big dogs!

whats sad is you could only afford the 30 yr old dump!!!! shucks you forgot my 12 yr old chipper!! how many you had today?

Just my gear, saws, blocks, cumalongs, ropes, pruners, polesaws, spikes, books, reading material & the toilet paper I keep on the trucks costs more than your whole set up......LMFAO :cheers:

LXT......

My brother and I actually bought our first piece of land last year for the purpose of wood and chip disposal. Has a nice barn as well. That had been on our list of things to buy for quite some time and the only thing we actually hold a note on right now. Next is a tractor of sorts. Anyone push chips with a 4x4 tractor with a bucket? Does it work? I would personally rather a skid steer but a tractor seems a bit more versatile. Plus, a barn without a tractor just doesn't seem right IMO.

whats sad is you could only afford the 30 yr old dump!!!! shucks you forgot my 12 yr old chipper!! how many you had today?

Just my gear, saws, blocks, cumalongs, ropes, pruners, polesaws, spikes, books, reading material & the toilet paper I keep on the trucks costs more than your whole set up......LMFAO :cheers:

LXT......

Thats the spirit! :)

LXT......

No need for more saws, I still got my trusty 018. Thinkin' of moddin' it out and slappin' a 36 inch bar on there.

My brother and I actually bought our first piece of land last year for the purpose of wood and chip disposal. Has a nice barn as well. That had been on our list of things to buy for quite some time and the only thing we actually hold a note on right now. Next is a tractor of sorts. Anyone push chips with a 4x4 tractor with a bucket? Does it work? I would personally rather a skid steer but a tractor seems a bit more versatile. Plus, a barn without a tractor just doesn't seem right IMO.
What I'm wondering is how long untill this all pisses of your boss?? :)

What I'm wondering is how long untill this all pisses of your boss?? :)

He doesn't know about it. Nor much of anything else. He's seen my climbing gear 'cause I use it at work but has no clue about the trucks, chipper, land, saws, or anything else. He doesn't know how to use a computer either!

You bust on a 30yr old dump completely restored???? you have a 70`s Chuk n dive outta the way chipper...C`mon a 96 & 94 trucks??? Im not gonna bust on your equipment......all the hacks down my way have a set up like yours!!

man I could of sold my toys & bought what??? 4 or 5 Chuck n dives, a whole fleet of mid 90`s model pickup trucks........whatta you guys think? would this be the way to go?

Like I said Blake I have other biz interests, the tree field is getting polluted I`ll stay in for the ride, but if it gets too bad...........theres always another pasture.

LXT........

You bust on a 30yr old dump completely restored???? you have a 70`s Chuk n dive outta the way chipper...C`mon a 96 & 94 trucks??? Im not gonna bust on your equipment......all the hacks down my way have a set up like yours!!

man I could of sold my toys & bought what??? 4 or 5 Chuck n dives, a whole fleet of mid 90`s model pickup trucks........whatta you guys think? would this be the way to go?

Like I said Blake I have other biz interests, the tree field is getting polluted I`ll stay in for the ride, but if it gets too bad...........theres always another pasture.

LXT........

I've always been a fan of bowing out when things get tough, too!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm done. :cheers:

Ahh, im just having fun, Blakes young & eager, thinks he can make a difference like we all once thought, wait till the tax man & need for employees, equipment, accountants, etc... come in to play.

Wait till him & his buddies have their first outting, or one of em thinks the other isnt carrying the load & they start underbidding one another or his boss fires him!! he`ll see............

I hope the above doesnt happen HONESTLY!! I went into biz years ago with 2 family members, we were like brothers.....it didnt last long, one wants paid more, one doesnt deserve this or that & pretty soon we all started bidding & using other people...went our seperate ways. to this day its still a sore spot.

Good Luck!!

LXT..............

I've always been a fan of bowing out when things get tough, too!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm done. :cheers:

you`re 27, what could you bow out from? wait till you have over 20yrs in & someone just like you shows up in your neighborhood, we`ll see how you re-act. Ive watched this field steadily go down hill & its the likes of guys like you that do it.

When you see your boss tell him what all you got & plan to do, Be a man!! why the nead to be so sneaky & secret.....cause you know what your doing, eves dropping on bids, gaining know how, etc... etc... I think you`re a sneaky, lowely, work stealing hack!!! TELL HIM & what will happen? by your post above we all know the answer................Your Fired!!!

I dont know guys!! this here is a lowely individual who has just showed his true colors!!! what would any of you do if you were in his boss`s shoes & found out what he just told us?

LXT............

Yep, I'd probably get canned but he'd regret it. I'm the strongest, smartest, and hardest working man on his crew right now. I trade him my hours for a wage. What I do off the job is my business, not his. If he had a problem with how I worked while on his time I wouldn't have a job. But he has no complaints about that, nor should he.

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my part in the antics on this thread. I'm not here to make any enemies. I don't look at my sig or my profile as an "advertisement" for my business, it's simply who I am and what I have. More of a "this is me, maybe we have something in common." Those who choose to pick apart all the "less than awesome" parts of what I own and what I've done are simply looking to get a rise, like I did with LXT. Hopefully we can all try to be a bit more respectful of each other.

:cheers: I agree!!

LXT..............

:clap: Let's all gather for the Group HUG ....:clap:

Yep, I'd probably get canned but he'd regret it. I'm the strongest, smartest, and hardest working man on his crew right now. I trade him my hours for a wage. What I do off the job is my business, not his. If he had a problem with how I worked while on his time I wouldn't have a job. But he has no complaints about that, nor should he.

You are the strongest, smartest, hardest worker?? If so that is good! But what you do off the job most certaintly can be his biz!! loose your license, wreck Co. vehicle after a night of token up....this will surely become his business. Bidding against your boss & taking work from him & other Co-workers is his biz too, If you can do all you say you can & have all you say you have why not go out on your own?

To go to work every day with thought in mind of an employee bidding against me....Fired, I dont care how hard working, smart or good you are, thats wrong!! You arent there to learn anything but how a biz runs & to gain bidding insight & underbid him to establish the clientel base you dont have but need!!

I can only hope you do grow & someone just like you does the same to you in the same shrewd, ignorant, sneaky, underhanded manner!!! you & your buddies arent a business.....your thieves, stealing knowledge & know how to end by screwing over the man who gave you a shot!!!

MAN UP & do it on your own!!! you & yours are the worst types, Others & myself might not have the big time operation & might take 2 steps back to move 1 forward, But I never did what you are doing to anybody!!

Id give him a group hug right through a chipper!! some one tell me he`s not a lowely, thieving HACK..........who of us would hire someone like him? seriously!!!!!

LXT............

You are the strongest, smartest, hardest worker?? If so that is good! But what you do off the job most certaintly can be his biz!! loose your license, wreck Co. vehicle after a night of token up....this will surely become his business. Bidding against your boss & taking work from him & other Co-workers is his biz too, If you can do all you say you can & have all you say you have why not go out on your own?

To go to work every day with thought in mind of an employee bidding against me....Fired, I dont care how hard working, smart or good you are, thats wrong!! You arent there to learn anything but how a biz runs & to gain bidding insight & underbid him to establish the clientel base you dont have but need!!

I can only hope you do grow & someone just like you does the same to you in the same shrewd, ignorant, sneaky, underhanded manner!!! you & your buddies arent a business.....your thieves, stealing knowledge & know how to end by screwing over the man who gave you a shot!!!

MAN UP & do it on your own!!! you & yours are the worst types, Others & myself might not have the big time operation & might take 2 steps back to move 1 forward, But I never did what you are doing to anybody!!

Id give him a group hug right through a chipper!! some one tell me he`s not a lowely, thieving HACK..........who of us would hire someone like him? seriously!!!!!

LXT............
Dishonesty is a sign of guilt and the acknowledgment thereof. Seriously, I'd chip his a$$ too, sorry "Blakemaster", its just right.

Last edited:
Here's what I would do if I were you, blake. I would wait till the season hits(coming up quick), then just quit your job and try to go out on your own. This way if you realize that its harder than you thought, and you have to throw in the towel, your old boss might still hire you back, cause he knows your a good worker. But, if you wait till he fires you, then your ARE on your own. Also, IXT is right about the accounting, it will cost more than you know. I am lucky enough to have a family member do my accounting, but if you do pay your taxes, you will be surprised at the headache that keeping track of every reciept, logging every mile, etc. will be for your business. I would just use what you've got till you can afford a dump truck that is 5-6 years old. then you won't have to play mechanic every day like I do with my 80's era chipper, and 1999 grapple truck! You can do it, Im only 23, so your not the youngest guy trying to go out on his own.. I would'nt underbid your boss ever.. just try to get jobs that he's not bidding on.

Like I said before, I walk away from jobs that my boss has bid. It's only come up once but I would walk away again. Don't know where those accusations came from. My dump truck, though 12 years old is still a darn good runner and without problem. Like I said before, I'll step out when the work is there but not before. There's being a "man" and there's being stupid. We'll see what happens in August when the ad hits the pages.

Back