Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder Sheep

Reaction score
I bought three Serbian Spruces for my yard a few weeks back. They've got what looks to be plenty of new growth on them and from a distance the trees look fine. When you get up close though there are three potential problems I see and I'm wondering what the best fix is or if I need to do anything at all.
  1. Two of them have a few completely dead (yellow) branches. Doesn't seem like too big of a deal as long as more don't start dying, but maybe it's a sign of something more serious.
  2. They all have some yellowing / browning on some (not a lot) of their needles. I hadn't noticed this before today but I can't say that it wasn't this way when we got them.
  3. One of them has a lot of white goo that is dripping from one of its branches. Not sure if that's normal tree sap behavior or the sign of an infection of some sort. If you look at "white goo 3.jpg" at the center of the photo you will see a lot of white drips of something just covering a large area of the branch.
I've attached pictures for all three issues as well as a shot of one of the trees from a few paces back. I would appreciate anyone with some knowledge on this to help out.

Thanks!

Attachments

• brown needles 2.jpg
    brown needles 2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 16
  • brown needles 3.jpg
    brown needles 3.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 12
  • white goo 1.jpg
    white goo 1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 13
  • white goo 2.jpg