Uninvited guest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streblerm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After a later than usual night I woke up to a frantically barking dog this morning.

Need to go out? No. It’s only been a few hours since he did.

Starved for attention? Yes. Since the rest of the fam is on vacation this week it’s likely but that’s not it either.

After some quality time with a cup of coffee and the pooch I heard the cause of the commotion coming from the stove pipe.

Long story short, once the biting and chasing was all over both the squirrel and I emerged soot covered but otherwise unscathed.

Unfortunately the stove wasn’t quite so lucky. Little bastard squirrel chewed through $100 worth of baffles and didn’t even have the common courtesy to leave through the stove door. I still had to pull the stovepipe to get him out.

B7584DB6-CB3B-4A8B-BF89-6817D83E191D.jpeg

Some uninvited guests take way more on their way out. This one might still make it to heaven.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

We had something in the black stove pipe years ago. First fire of the year and it lit up quickly, all you could here was scratching for what seemed to be long but wasn't. Wife had to leave the house for a few. Never found it when I cleaned it out.

Today I moved a 2 1/2 gallon fuel can that was outside for a few days. Varmint chewed a hole clean through the top edge. Surprised me too because it is 3/4 full of non-ethanol. I had thought it was the ethanol that attracted them.
I usually keep fuel in the shipping container but left this one out for the lawn mower.
Fuel is one of the main reasons I bought a shipping container, to get it out of the garage. Another reason of course is small equipment is out of sight and hopefully more secure.
Earlier this spring something chewed the wiring harness in the pickup. Cam sensor connection. Not sure what the dollar break down was, as we had plugs replaced and general service go over.
The last firewood delivery I did a snake slipped out of the pile and off the truck. Most loads have a mouse nest, and snakes are becoming more common. I think their good to have around but not all customers feel that way.

I thought I lobbed a nice soft ball but nobody took a swing. I can’t take it any more.

I only bit the squirrel after he bit me several times first.

You’d have run too if you saw how angry he was.

Get a screened cap for your chimney. I kill anything that comes around, snakes, squirrels, coons, bugs.

Back