Unlimited 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wonder if adjusting the metering side of the carb would either improve the condition or make it worse

i have guns and i live 10 min drive from our fish and game club which is a 1000m unsupervised outdoor range. i have full opportunity to use them but i don't LOL

All I have is rifles and I don't know if there is a gun range within 50 miles of me that allows or doesn't allow long guns. Doesn't keep me from watching every video hickok45 post though.

All I have is rifles and I don't know if there is a gun range within 50 miles of me that allows or doesn't allow long guns. Doesn't keep me from watching every video hickok45 post though.

Hickok45 is the best ain't he. i watch all his vids. first channel i ever subscribed to i think.

I wonder if the low speed fuel is through a fixed jet or metered and adjusted like WOT fuel?

i once put a 394 carb on a 272, it worked great on the stock saw but lowered the intake when porting and made it so the carb had enough time to feed to much fuel to the engine even with the needles closed. not sure what was going on with that carb but i believe it had those tamperproof jets in the metering chamber. i did end up making it run right but i plugged one of those jets to to make it work. i'm not exactly sure how manufacturers design that kinda thing but i figured i could lean it out doing that. my grandpa did all his firewood this year with that saw. insane screamer but still had lotsa of balls down low. he runs 26" .404 on it and likes it alot more then his 2100's.

i once put a 394 carb on a 272, it worked great on the stock saw but lowered the intake when porting and made it so the carb had enough time to feed to much fuel to the engine even with the needles closed. not sure what was going on with that carb but i believe it had those tamperproof jets in the metering chamber. i did end up making it run right but i plugged one of those jets to to make it work. i'm not exactly sure how manufacturers design that kinda thing but i figured i could lean it out doing that. my grandpa did all his firewood this year with that saw. insane screamer but still had lotsa of balls down low. he runs 26" .404 on it and likes it alot more then his 2100's.

there is a removable fixed jet in the carb with a number on it. find one with a lower number.

there is a removable fixed jet in the carb with a number on it. find one with a lower number.

i just pounded the appropriate size sewing needle in there and broke the end off LOL had to turn the needles open a bunch more then even on a 394 after that but that saw runs real good.

you can solder it closed and redrill it

that's a good idea. i ordered some micro drill bits off ebay a while back for a reason and i can't for the life of me remember that reason. if that saw acts up i will toy with the idea but it seems just plugging that jet and turning the needle opened a bit farther did the trick. it's hard to get my grandfather to like a saw. only 2100 for him. he bought a 372 a while back and gave it to my uncle nearly 3 months later. i originally just let him use this 272 but he liked it so much i just gave it to him.

I poke at everyone weather they like it or not:buttkick::laughing:

I for one feal a bit of comic relief help us whether the storm.

abbey-road-8.jpg
abbey-road-6.jpg

Back