Unprofessional?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNT: best to let it slide, some here will merely post anti-proactive to agitate. they like to just sit around and drink coffee... :drinkingcoffee: down at the virtual café. throw darts! one merely has to pop up their profile and look at previous postings to realize... the BS is a preferred theme for them. the only one that does this and u can also believe him, of course is... USMC! lol ;)

hey there Marine! ~ of course you know... it was a compliment!! :yes:

:drinkingcoffee: (squadron coffee; black....)

BL, you did FOURTEEN posts in a row. You need to go sit in time-out for a while. :laugh:

Gave 8 bucks for it. PASGT Kevlar.

Nice. Seems kinda small, though.

Yeah, yeah, I know all about that and "thinning the heard" and all that other rationale for hunting. Still, makes me sad.

I've only killed 1 deer and a few other small animals. It seems there's a hump to get over when breaking into hunting - at least for me and some others. Some of us have to get over 'the horror of taking a life' to get into hunting properly.
I like shooting and I like hiking. Hunting combines both of those but I don't really enjoy hunting.
I remember the odd look on my son't face when he killed a rabbit with a bow. The rabbit was flopping around, and he asked why it was doing that. I told him the rabbit was in a lot of pain and would do that until he died. My son had a rather sick look on his face, and I asked him what he was thinking. He couldn't give a very clear answer, so I answered it for him. "You feel good because you hit him, but you feel bad because of what you did to him." He agreed with those mixed feelings, and wasn't too keen on shooting rabbits any more.

I thought you might know be better than that Unc. Who is TNT between us for you and me to be together arguing morals anyway? I only know her from this post, when I saw it I had to laugh and had to get involved. I was really curious although I knew it would be trouble and I am sorry it had to be with you.

As a full time tree operator, my perspective, well, uh, well, I can't say I have seen it all and that is just it, I haven't seen the ape man's side for one. Maybe I would believe it if I seen it on the news but even then I am gonna have questions.
I am not calling anybody out, only the person wanting an opinion about tree work so I gave it. Most of what I said to anybody else was " YEAH RIGHT!"
( I really am unable to find a smiley to represent that last line because they are annoying so I hope up undertand it pretty good)

Thanks Dr. P.

Perhaps you didn't mean to come across as strong as you did, but it seemed to me that she came here for advice and you threw all the blame back on her, so I reacted strongly and blasted you in return.

You're right - she doesn't need to create a rift in our own relationship, and I apologize for my rude comments to you.
I hate making enemies- here or anywhere, and would gladly kiss a foot (but not a rear) to mend a friendship. :cheers:

BL, you did FOURTEEN posts in a row. You need to go sit in time-out for a while. :laugh:

I've only killed 1 deer and a few other small animals. It seems there's a hump to get over when breaking into hunting - at least for me and some others. Some of us have to get over 'the horror of taking a life' to get into hunting properly.
I like shooting and I like hiking. Hunting combines both of those but I don't really enjoy hunting.
I remember the odd look on my son't face when he killed a rabbit with a bow. The rabbit was flopping around, and he asked why it was doing that. I told him the rabbit was in a lot of pain and would do that until he died. My son had a rather sick look on his face, and I asked him what he was thinking. He couldn't give a very clear answer, so I answered it for him. "You feel good because you hit him, but you feel bad because of what you did to him." He agreed with those mixed feelings, and wasn't too keen on shooting rabbits any more.
It's not supposed to fit like a #4 washtub.lol far as killing goes, you get over that quick when the gov. throws you in a kill or be killed situation. Also if you ever get hungry enough, you will kill without hesitation.

I love tender-hearted people. :heart: They are so few, and far between.

Also how did this thread get off the rude guy to killing.lol
It's not supposed to fit like a #4 washtub.lol far as killing goes, you get over that quick when the gov. throws you in a kill or be killed situation. Also if you ever get hungry enough, you will kill without hesitation.
Yeah but, I don't see having to kill in war being the same as killing animals for food or, sport.
I guess that brings up the vegetarian vs. meat-eater debate all over again.
What do you mean, "If you get hungry enough...?" You mean like getting stranded on a deserted island, or lost in the woods? Because I don't see that happening any other way.

Yeah but, I don't see having to kill in war being the same as killing animals for food or, sport.
I guess that brings up the vegetarian vs. meat-eater debate all over again.
What do you mean, "If you get hungry enough...?" You mean like getting stranded on a deserted island, or lost in the woods? Because I don't see that happening any other way.
Don't be too quick to rule that out, things happen. what if no grocery stores. or a total breakdown in society. It's happened before and will again someday. maybe not in my lifetime. Just ask people who lived through the depression.

Don't be too quick to rule that out, things happen. what if no grocery stores. or a total breakdown in society. It's happened before and will again someday. maybe not in my lifetime. Just ask people who lived through the depression.
Yes, "The Survivalists."
Been there, done that -well, I gave it a shot anyway. I had fifty pounds of rice in a chest freezer for five years. Ended up in the dump this year. Had canned food accumulated, "just in case" - one exploded and the others expired. Bought extra wicks for oil lamps, and extra oil. Extra this and extra that. Even stocked up on shampoo and soap... still have enough bar soap to last the rest of my life.
As far as learning to kill, dissect, and cook once-live animals for my survival goes, it ain't gonn happen. I'll be one of the first to go in that scenario.
here's something else to consider: Even if I was "prepared" for a situation like that (global or nation-wide chaos) there aren't enough guns and bullets to fend off the hoards of starving unprepared neighbors who would come beating down my door looking for food.

Yes, "The Survivalists."
Been there, done that -well, I gave it a shot anyway. I had fifty pounds of rice in a chest freezer for five years. Ended up in the dump this year. Had canned food accumulated, "just in case" - one exploded and the others expired. Bought extra wicks for oil lamps, and extra oil. Extra this and extra that. Even stocked up on shampoo and soap... still have enough bar soap to last the rest of my life.

As far as learning to kill, dissect, and cook once-live animals for my survival goes, it ain't gonn happen. I'll be one of the first to go in that scenario.
here's something else to consider: Even if I was "prepared" for a situation like that (global or nation-wide chaos) there aren't enough guns and bullets to fend off the hoards of starving unprepared neighbors who would come beating down my door looking for food.

Hide the food if it came to that!;)Garden and put some stuff up in mason jars. No big deal . Some ammo could come in handy. At least you would have some back up.

Hide the food if it came to that!;)Garden and put some stuff up in mason jars. No big deal . Some ammo could come in handy. At least you would have some back up.
How much food can a person hide - and where??
I've tried gardening. Not very good at it.
Canning? With my luck I'd die from botulism.
I have a hard enough time maintaining day to day.
I wish I could, but I just can't manage it by myself. Too exhausting to even think about.

Besides, if something that catastrophic happened I think only hard core survivalists would make it.

How much food can a person hide - and where??
I've tried gardening. Not very good at it.
Canning? With my luck I'd die from botulism.
I have a hard enough time maintaining day to day.
I wish I could, but I just can't manage it by myself. Too exhausting to even think about.

Besides, if something that catastrophic happened I think only hard core survivalists would make it.
Ammo can be traded for just about anything when the SHTF.

Yes, "The Survivalists."
I'm not a survivalist, I don't stockpile food, toilet paper or shampoo, but for the hoards of neighbors. I do have plenty of guns and ammo to fend them off. I enjoy shooting.

I'm not a survivalist, I don't stockpile food, toilet paper or shampoo, but for the hoards of neighbors. I do have plenty of guns and ammo to fend them off. I enjoy shooting.
Well I guess they are going to get me cause I dont have nothing to shoot. Maybe the chainsaws will stop them.

Latest posts

Back