Unprofessional?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stockpiling food will only get you by for a while, you have to learn to grow your own and animals will have to become part of the diet. City folks will never make it if no grocery store is there. But lets hope this never happens.
Its happening in Africa right now actually.

Stockpiling food will only get you by for a while, you have to learn to grow your own and animals will have to become part of the diet. City folks will never make it if no grocery store is there. But lets hope this never happens.
Exactly what I meant by saying only hard core survivalists will survive.
What animals??? Squirrels, bunnies, birds are hard to find in the big cities... and when those people get hungry you better dig a hole and hide. You think those people are going t take up gardening and canning when the shtf? Hardly.
I'm afraid the reality of a situation like that won't play out anything like what some anticipate it would.

Well I meant to say I wish I had plenty of guns and ammo.:D
Well if ifs and butts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmass.
Exactly what I meant by saying only hard core survivalists will survive.
What animals??? Squirrels, bunnies, birds are hard to find in the big cities... and when those people get hungry you better dig a hole and hide. You think those people are going t take up gardening and canning when the shtf? Hardly.
I'm afraid the reality of a situation like that won't play out anything like what some anticipate it would.
Well all you got to do is ask some people that lived in impoverished countries what its like. They steal everything and shoot you.

It's not supposed to fit like a #4 washtub.lol far as killing goes, you get over that quick when the gov. throws you in a kill or be killed situation. Also if you ever get hungry enough, you will kill without hesitation.
When I was in the combat sandbox on the other side of the planet many yrs ago...you see everything flash in front of you. It 'all' flashes quick and repeatedly, when the lead flies. You either kill, or your fate is guaranteed. When you desire to see your family again, your newborn son...you'll kill any man on the planet who's trying to hunt you, himself. I'll leave well enough alone with my comment here, for the respect of this lady's thread.

When I was in the combat sandbox on the other side of the planet many yrs ago...you see everything flash in front of you. It 'all' flashes quick and repeatedly, when the lead flies. You either kill, or your fate is guaranteed. When you desire to see your family again, your newborn son...you'll kill any man on the planet who's trying to hunt you, himself. I'll leave well enough alone with my comment here, for the respect of this lady's thread.
The thread is going along pretty well so far. :barbecue:

Yeah but, I don't see having to kill in war being the same as killing animals for food or, sport.
I guess that brings up the vegetarian vs. meat-eater debate all over again.
What do you mean, "If you get hungry enough...?" You mean like getting stranded on a deserted island, or lost in the woods? Because I don't see that happening any other way.
Hunting humans in combat and hunting animals, are two different 'animals' altogether...ya gotta try both, and give both a round or ten, to probably understand where I'm comin' from.

Speak your mind - everyone else is. :cheers:

You don't wanna hear it...I've spoken of it in other threads. Not gonna destroy one of the best threads on site now...out of respect for you and the thread.

you da man, USMC!... imo, you may have a mind of your own... march to the beat of a different drummer, dare I suggest? even vocal? ;) but as squared away as you is..., man, you get some slack from my point of view... don't forget to pull the chocks, after preflight and engine running... too early and well... you know... ;)

ps: you can hang in my squadron hangar any time you want to... :)

You don't wanna hear it...I've spoken of it in other threads. Not gonna destroy one of the best threads on site now...out of respect for you and the thread.
Totally up to you.
I can't imagine how horrible combat is.
I am thankful there are people brave enough to endure it for the rest of us, yet at the same time I am angry that the rest of us allow moronic politicians to put our best people in a combat situation in the first place.
Personally, I believe that if the head of one country wants to go to war with another country, the two leaders should be locked in a room together until only one is left alive. This would not only save the lives of millions of innocent people, but also be a great deterrent for other leaders.

What better weekend to discuss this than Memorial Day weekend?

An old gentleman neighbor of ours when I was little used to say, "If But's and And's were pots and pans, there'd be no wares for tinkers." :D

when someone would say, for example... "hey were is that at?..." my old man would say... "behind the preposition 'at'!" because while it is colloquial and common, it is not correct English. hey where is that... is. :)

Totally up to you.
I am thankful there are people brave enough to endure it for the rest of us, yet at the same time I am angry that the rest of us allow moronic politicians to put our best people in a combat situation in the first place.
Personally, I believe that if the head of one country wants to go to war with another country, the two leaders should be locked in a room together until only one is left alive. This would not only save the lives of millions of innocent people, but also be a great deterrent for other leaders.

careful USMC... careful, my man! ... she may be innocently inviting you on to thin ice... this isn't P & R. :)

T - good philosophy!

Totally up to you.

However, this is from the "wishful-thinking" side of my brain.
The logical side knows this could never be because there is too much profit to be made from war.
Same as with the "medical" profession - there's no money to be made in healthy people.

Back