Unprofessional?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you da man, USMC!... imo, you may have a mind of your own... march to the beat of a different drummer, dare I suggest? even vocal? ;) but as squared away as you is..., man, you get some slack from my point of view... don't forget to pull the chocks, after preflight and engine running... too early and well... you know... ;)

ps: you can hang in my squadron hangar any time you want to... :)
Thank you brother...I appreciate your compliment. I juss try to do what I can do on this planet, work every day to keep those military planes flying, raise my kids as best I can, and enjoy life, cook some decent groceries, and turn a tree or ten into firewood to heat my home in the wintertime without fooling with that heat pump. It's all good my man.

Hunting humans in combat and hunting animals, are two different 'animals' altogether...ya gotta try both, and give both a round or ten, to probably understand where I'm comin' from.

Strange thing - I'd feel more comfortable (morally) shooting a man in combat than I would shooting an animal in sport. When I joined the military, I thought long and hard about the issue of killing others. I certainly couldn't murder anyone, but I'm fine with self-defense and combat killing. There's something different about killing the innocent, especially for sport.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely in favor of hunting, and I certainly don't lower mankind to the level of an 'advanced animal.' I hate the squirrels that eat my fruit, and managed to shoot one last week (no regrets), but when I came across a nest of baby squirrels, I couldn't bring myself to kill them.

Strange thing - I'd feel more comfortable (morally) shooting a man in combat than I would shooting an animal in sport. When I joined the military, I thought long and hard about the issue of killing others. I certainly couldn't murder anyone, but I'm fine with self-defense and combat killing. There's something different about killing the innocent, especially for sport.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely in favor of hunting, and I certainly don't lower mankind to the level of an 'advanced animal.' I hate the squirrels that eat my fruit, and managed to shoot one last week (no regrets), but when I came across a nest of baby squirrels, I couldn't bring myself to kill them.
And dont shoot the baby coons Unc!

> I hate the squirrels that eat my fruit

dang! lost a nice plump red tomato last nite to a squirrel... had it bagged, too. squirrel protector. so brot in all others with red in them...

This ol' Jarhead couldn't be more PROUD, to sport the T-shirt my son gave me yesterday...brought tears to this ol' mans' eyes. Didn't know where else to post, so ya get it here. I am soooooooo PROUD of my F-18 Super Hornet, avionics/electrical technician, son, Jared.
image.jpeg

This ol' Jarhead couldn't be more PROUD, to sport the T-shirt my son gave me yesterday...brought tears to this ol' mans' eyes. Didn't know where else to post, so ya get it here. I am soooooooo PROUD of my F-18 Super Hornet, avionics/electrical technician, son, Jared.
View attachment 505488

Yeah,, swabs and jarheads can get along!,,,,congrat's,,,
Jeff

Yeah,, swabs and jarheads can get along!,,,,congrat's,,,
Jeff
Thank you brother...it takes the Navy and the Marine Corps together, but whatta damn hellacious team!! When our AV-8/B Marine pilots joined up with Navy F/A-18 pilots back in those days...they simply wreaked hell on the earth. And they saved our asses countless times. Happy Memorial Day to you tomorrow...thank you for your service. I salute you brother.

View attachment 505488

sounds like a chip off the 'ol block, if you don't mind the pun... of course, intended! Be Proud, Dad!! :)

Guys and gals, I'd like to say this...Take at least a moment tomorrow to think of our fallen Brothers and Sisters, from years and wars past, that made the ultimate sacrifice, for our Nation. It doesn't matter whether you've ever served or not...it's all about the collective effort, so we can live with our freedoms and our liberties, to be a free Nation. Good, bad, different, indifferent...with folks opinions on wars and things. We all free-willingly, with a conscious mind...signed our names on the dotted line.

If nothing else, take 10 secs outta your life tomorrow...knock on wood, and look up in the sky...and say Thank You. Our fallen Brothers and Sisters are very deserving of our utmost respect.

Semper Fi...Always Faithfull, til' my last breath.

Guys and gals, I'd like to say this...Take at least a moment tomorrow to think of our fallen Brothers and Sisters, from years and wars past, that made the ultimate sacrifice, for our Nation. It doesn't matter whether you've ever served or not...it's all about the collective effort, so we can live with our freedoms and our liberties, to be a free Nation. Good, bad, different, indifferent...with folks opinions on wars and things. We all free-willingly, with a conscious mind...signed our names on the dotted line.

If nothing else, take 10 secs outta your life tomorrow...knock on wood, and look up in the sky...and say Thank You. Our fallen Brothers and Sisters are very deserving of our utmost respect.

Good post .:clap:

Thank you, @TonyK for liking my post...brother, if we don't remember our past, and our fallen Men and Women, across the branches...we'll end up nothing as a Country. It's who we are, and it's why we fight like ten hells...to see the day you see your family and children again. My last trip back from the Gulf with several others rotating,...I sat on the 'sidelines' (side seats) on a C-17...there were nine flag draped boxes, strapped in the center rails. No one ever said a word, Marines and Soldiers...heading to Germany to fuel up, then to Dover. Staring at those flag draped boxes...the worst trip I ever took man. All I did was stare at them, the entire ride, thinking I was a man...nahh!...the Real Men were in the center cargo bay rails. Was the worst ride I've ever had in my life...and I wouldn't wish it on a soul here, I don't care who ya are, or where ya come from. I think I lost about 5lbs in sweat and tears on that plane trip...Juss sayin'.

Tomorrow folks, lets don't forget these men and women, who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Ya ain't gotta be religious nor support the war machine...Just look up towards the sky, give a thumbs up, if nothing else. They paid the ultimate price...

amem.png

Thank you brother...it takes the Navy and the Marine Corps together, but whatta damn hellacious team!! When our AV-8/B Marine pilots joined up with Navy F/A-18 pilots back in those days...they simply wreaked hell on the earth. And they saved our asses countless times. Happy Memorial Day to you tomorrow...thank you for your service. I salute you brother.

Hey now! Don't you be forgetting us Army grunts! We come in and clean up the mess the Navy and Marines make of everything! :cheers:

Back