Unusual Pictures Of The Stihl 090 070 and Contra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1256 “lethal” chainsaws, 35,000 unsafe phone chargers, 400 tool sets and laser pens unfit for consumer use are amongst some of the products being destroyed following successful interventions at Felixstowe Port by Suffolk Trading Standards.

The products, shipped by three separate importers, were successfully intercepted as the containers were selected for examination because of their potential to cause serious injury. Following testing the danger was highlighted and the goods were detained with parts earmarked for destruction and recycling. The chainsaws were found to be missing some necessary parts for safe use. Although laser pens are not illegal in the UK these are deemed too powerful for non-professional use and therefore not appropriate for their destination.

This work highlights findings released by the National Trading Standards Board (NTSB) last week on surveillance and inspections at UK ports and borders. The report concludes that an estimated £1.11 million unsafe goods were prevented from entering the consumer market.

In 2012, 3.75 million consignments or 42% of UK container traffic came through Felixstowe, making it one of the largest points of entry in the UK. Most unsafe products that arrive at this port are toys, electrical appliances, smoke alarms, LED lights, chainsaws and dental equipment. Currently, of the goods being sampled, 78% are identified as unsafe
Good. Bunch of chicom s#!+ that won't get over here

a street shop vac,,wouldn't be big enough,,in the big cities,,that are mostly demoncraps strongholds...and full of UNentitled filth...take it easy??? that's the problem with many americans,,they have laid back toooooo long..

I am thinking about your blood pressure, don`t bring on a heart attack. Yes a street sweeper is needed!

a street shop vac,,wouldn't be big enough,,in the big cities,,that are mostly demoncraps strongholds...and full of UNentitled filth...take it easy??? that's the problem with many americans,,they have laid back toooooo long..
Olyman, it's all about entitlement & priveledge. How does one get upon the gravy train?
John

they can be heavy for untrained fallers
fallers here say if its your 1st day operating an 070 or contra for a whole day you'll likely get fever hahaha

parts are abundant here, every dealer can order parts. i can go to my dealers shop with a broken 070 handle and get away with free used handle, thats how easy to come by parts
fallers in deep jungle carry bunch of spare parts
this model is so simple and straight forward they can be repaired in the forest by the fallers themself

i wonder if they think the air filters a restriction or something? or maybe they think it's easier to keep the intake flowing if there ain't a filter to get plugged up? lol

hahaha IKR, but technically speaking those mesh type filter can be PITA
its hard to clean and its gets plugged pretty quick
070 p&c are somewhat forgiving in terms of running without air filter
but of course its no brainer that wear is accelerated if its being run without filter
i'd rather have automotive like air cleaner or better still the hd type

Back