"Up for grabs: 232 Stuart pecan trees"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeman14

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw this in the newspaper yesterday. Anyone interested?
"The subject is pecan trees, 232 Stuart pecan trees on 34 acres of family property in Wellborn. These trees are between 75 and 100 years old and have grown so tall that it would cost more to harvest the nuts than they could be sold for. The farm manager has recommended that the pecan trees be removed and the land planted with pines.
The pecan trees would have to be poisoned and burned to clear the land, but that bothers Christine [Sansbury - the owner], who points out that pecan is a wonderful hardwood. Someone, she reasons, could surely put these trees to good use.
The family does not wish to sell them, but thought this column might be a good way to let interested folks know that the trees are available for them to take, so they will not have to be destroyed. Christine may be reached at (727) 736-7445 or by e-mail to [email protected]."

Now that would be a job,............... After I grind a pecan stump I make sure the chips are spoken for.I use them in my landscape exclusively,everyone wants my pecan chips now.$$$$$$:D

Latest posts

Back