Upside Down Bar???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, no gains to be made at all by doing this. It's just an old wives tail, like cleaning you're air filter and using bar oil. No need to do any of them!:spam:

Nope, no gains to be made at all by doing this. It's just an old wives tail, like cleaning you're air filter and using bar oil. No need to do any of them!:spam:

I've also found I get far more rpm's outa my saw if I take the chain off! :chainsaw:

i usually dont have to worry about the lettering on the bar being the wrong direction because i have the lettering wore off within a day. so it never really bothers me when i flip a bar.

Depends on which wood you cut, green birch isn't abrasive to the paint at all - but the conifers are worse, and dry/dead wood as well.....:greenchainsaw:

I had a lady once bring back the saw she picked up for her husband.
She told me that her husband said I must not know what I am doing, if I cannot even put the bar on correctly............

She was good lookin, so I was gentle. She was busty, so I was nice.

Fish...see.. you can be a Gentleman...:cheers:

You guys are all confused. Flipping the bar over prevents kick back, When the bar is upside down the saw will fly away from you instead of kicking back. Boy, there sure are a bunch of rookies on this site.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You guys are all confused. Flipping the bar over prevents kick back, When the bar is upside down the saw will fly away from you instead of kicking back. Boy, there sure are a bunch of rookies on this site.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

WTF was I thinking!!!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Probably not, my way has just become a habit - and I said I am probably overdoing it - but it doesn't "cost" anything, when the bar is off anyway, for cleaning........:)

That assumes I'd take the bar off every day? ha! It stays on for many many sharpenings!

Just flip the bar before cutting underwater, runs cooler that way.

i'm confussed are you suppost to flip the chain, when you flip the bar, or do you turn it inside out.

snowdog

Good question, it depends on your personal preference. Turning the chain inside out with the bar upside down will cause the saw to kick away and down, If you flip the chain and the bar the saw will kick away and up. The latter is a little dangerous when you help is not paying attention.

Good question, it depends on your personal preference. Turning the chain inside out with the bar upside down will cause the saw to kick away and down, If you flip the chain and the bar the saw will kick away and up. The latter is a little dangerous when you help is not paying attention.

I prefer the chain to be assembled as a mobius loop... that way I get the best of both worlds... (still working on the bar though).

This is just too funny - :jawdrop: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Just scrape the crud out, file as needed, and turn the bar over, when you feel like the time is up - and don't worry.....

...why is this an issue at all....:givebeer: :givebeer:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back