Upside Down Bar???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I debur with my saw sharpener and have a bar 4.5years
on it everyday looks funny as at the tip there is a indention
from limbing prolly about time for a new bar not one piece of paint
is on it. I do flip it but do not know top from bottom:laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies - at least most of them.

I guess I will start flipping the bar - and I have the Mobius Loop making jig on order....:greenchainsaw:

If they'd just make a dam$ed reverse we wouldn't need to flip it.

You won't wear the paint off of a Stihl bar in a day. After two months of four tanks a day, the letters are still clearly visible.

I flip the bar at every new chain, about 40 tanks.

Glad I read all the way to the end of this thread. I was gonna make the same comment...

I highly doubt that a Stihl ES bar would lose it's lettering in a day of cuttin'...

Gary

Do Not. I Repeat, Do Not Flip The Bar

Here's how to prove that bit of foolishness has no place in the real world.

Hold your saw upside down and buck a cord of wood that way. Notice any difference? I thought so.
IF YOU'RE A NORMAL PERSON YOU'LL FIGURE OUT THAT AN UPSIDE DOWN BAR IS ONLY NEEDED IN australia AND NEW ZEALAND.

These hooligans next will tell you to reverse the chain and put saw gas in the oiler tank.

That's what we fire fighters call lighting a backfire.

Buoy u cam too da wong pace 4 aDVICE.

Last edited:
You won't wear the paint off of a Stihl bar in a day. After two months of four tanks a day, the letters are still clearly visible.

I flip the bar at every new chain, about 40 tanks.

you are right about that..the paint on the stihl bars are top notch...well the bars in general are top notch

the night i brought the saw home, and then the next day after work
calebschainsaw006.jpg

calebschainsaw007.jpg

calebschainsaw008.jpg

BTW - where is the master link on the chain so that I can take it apart to flip the bar? I looked but don't seem to find anything - does it require a special tool?

BTW - where is the master link on the chain so that I can take it apart to flip the bar? I looked but don't seem to find anything - does it require a special tool?

:monkey:
Oh boy....

Take the bar and chain off the saw... clean out the oil hole that WILL be at the top inside, remount the bar and put the chain back on...

Actually, I know how to get the chain off already, but....

I figured I could get a rise out of you guys :hmm3grin2orange:

I grew up in the woods north of Spokane - I have run a saw (017 Stihl) since I was 14.

Just never seen anyone flip a bar - but I didn't know any loggers :greenchainsaw:

Back