Upstate NY GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondackstihl

Flyz, Fuel & Fotos
Reaction score
Do we have enough NY'ers here to justify a GTG? I live 1/4 mi from Canada and 5mi from VT.....so yeah....I'm a true Upstater:msp_tongue:
I just dont have the property to support such an event:mad: But I do have some trees (box alder) in my backyard that I wouldnt mind havin a hand cuttin!

Seriously.....no NY'ers here :msp_confused:
How bout VT'ers ?

I wasnt serious bout cutting my trees.....I can handle that. But I do have a nice white oak about 36"-42" on the stump that I bet you guys wouldnt mind sinkin your teeth into :laugh:

Hell yeah , we NEED a NYGT . It's quite a jaunt up to your place though . Maybe somewhere in central NY ? Somewhere between Syracuse - Albany , might be accessable by more AS members who are scattered throught the state . Maybe some of our PA , VT , MA , CT , NJ , Ohio bretheren might join us also ? :msp_thumbup: :msp_thumbsup: :msp_thumbup:

Hell yeah , we NEED a NYGT . It's quite a jaunt up to your place though . Maybe somewhere in central NY ? Somewhere between Syracuse - Albany , might be accessable by more AS members who are scattered throught the state . Maybe some of our PA , VT , MA , CT , NJ , Ohio bretheren might join us also ? :msp_thumbup: :msp_thumbsup: :msp_thumbup:

Southern Adirondacks would be a nice locale!! :msp_thumbup:

Syracuse is about 5hrs & Albany is about 3hrs for me.

Last edited:
I can be in southern Adirondacks in about 2.25 - 2.5 hrs . Just NNW of Gloversville. Any AS members have property in Fulton cty ? Great Sacandaga Lake area would be real nice also !

Ny gtg

Someone should try and contact Russ,or aka "Joker" I made it to one of his events, was well fed met plenty of others including "Gypo" Great time was had buy all, Ken

I could make it if it's not all the way up. Would like to meet James and a few others.

My only problem is that I just hate the thought of being referred to as from "down state". ;)

I could make it if it's not all the way up. Would like to meet James and a few others.

My only problem is that I just hate the thought of being referred to as from "down state". ;)

Relax Spike , we aren't that narrow minded . I just like to bust my cousins balls about their dialect . They hail from pough-town . :hmm3grin2orange:

166 and I Could HOST another GTG if there is enough interest....

Rt 29 Greenwich In Washington County...

Just got in 30+ cord of sticks to chew on...

Scott

cuttinscott
just googled your place - a four hour drive

I would like to meet you guys? It would definitely have to be planned and not a last minute thrown together thing If I did make it down.

166 and I Could HOST another GTG if there is enough interest....

Rt 29 Greenwich In Washington County...

Just got in 30+ cord of sticks to chew on...

Scott

Well, I'm certainly familiar with that location, and I'd be a definite. It would also be reasonably central for a lot of guys.

I'd rather see it on a Sunday, but if it's best for most guys to do a Saturday we ought to try and do it soon before either of our shops get busy. Heck, I'd drive up tomorrow.
:msp_w00t:

Just re-checked the map. Seems like your awefully close to the Battenkill :msp_w00t: Looks like I'll be bringing my fly rod too!! I fished from the Rexleigh covered bridge -down to Route 22 a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back