Using a grease gun on full wrap for clutch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Sounds stupid but stupid designs yield stupid problems!

Had a 372 with full wrap, in which the wrap covered the chain tensioning screw nicely. You could get to it but kind of a pain.
Got a 562 wrap and the tensioner is no problem but it is not possible to get a conventional grease gun to the clutch... wrap is right in the way!
Angles don’t work with these tools.

So anyone ran into this and solved it by not removing the wrap?
It appears that the angled grease guns are too long as well, at least looking at the pics of them online...
I don’t get it husqvarna...

Sounds stupid but stupid designs yield stupid problems!

Had a 372 with full wrap, in which the wrap covered the chain tensioning screw nicely. You could get to it but kind of a pain.
Got a 562 wrap and the tensioner is no problem but it is not possible to get a conventional grease gun to the clutch... wrap is right in the way!
Angles don’t work with these tools.

So anyone ran into this and solved it by not removing the wrap?
It appears that the angled grease guns are too long as well, at least looking at the pics of them online...
I don’t get it husqvarna...

The 562 with the 3/4 wrap yes is a pain to get to you might try an adapter on a standard grease gun with a hose, the 372 most of the time I’d cut off the spark plug side of the wrench issue solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I’ll see if there are adapters avail locally. If the grease gun uses NPT threads I should be able to throw a 90 on it and then the adapter.

Thanks I’ll see if there are adapters avail locally. If the grease gun uses NPT threads I should be able to throw a 90 on it and then the adapter.

Most of the time I’ll just put a zerk on the end to attach to a grease gun coupler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate? Zerk?

Thank you!

A zerk or fitting is what takes grease normally threaded into a pin/joint or moving part.
9af7fa6b060b9cb15a8727691a311153.jpg

Just a quick idea of what I normally do

Bought a small gun plus acc kit today. It works with the hose, you can easily bend the hose to get it to work.

They are 1/8NPT threads, easily can adapt this to a 90 to make it even easier.

If anyone’s interested I’ll grab a 90 tomorrow and post pics

A zerk or fitting is what takes grease normally threaded into a pin/joint or moving part.
9af7fa6b060b9cb15a8727691a311153.jpg

Just a quick idea of what I normally do

I see so the brass fitting is the “zero” got it. Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back