USPS... holy smokes!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to be fair, I use USPS most of the time. And most of the time, I'm satisfied with the service.

But, then comes that time I ship something and it takes about twice as long as it should have. You can do a lot of stuff on-line now, but I've found that to be a PITA, for the most part.

the mail system is like any other work place. the consumer suffers because of useless employees who don't like their job, it's much deeper then the USPS.
with all the stupidity brewing and more and more people chasing the money rather then what they enjoy doing it's only gonna get worse as the years go by. the work force available to choose from has become pathetic.

The USPS is a culture that does not worry about their employee's lives/job/etc. So most of the permanent employees on the lower levels are usually pissed off.

I had a new mail lady. About one month in I got a saw shipped to me from Georgia. They shipped it in a Stihl box because of the way the box works. So it says Stihl. I asked the guy to insure it and then we will not need to worry. A mistake was made and no insurance was purchased. I worried the entire time.

Delivery day my mail was a little late and when I did look out I saw that box sitting beneath the actual mailbox, sitting on the ground. No armed guards. I took photos and tossed that box in the car and headed out.

I found the postmaster and got busy. Told him that better never happen again. What would have happened if that box had got gone. You would have denied it, you would have swore. I got photos.

The lady got fired and she should have

Attachments

• lonely saw.png
    lonely saw.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
They recently busted a bunch of managers that would leave trailers packed, delaying delivery for some reason I did not understand.

Metrics are real important to them and we just want our stuff

All of our USPS delivery people are individual contractors. You never know what they are going to end up driving and when they might show up. We've had mail deliveries as early as 9:30 am and as late as 7:00 pm.

I don't think we've ever had a real USPS delivery person / mail vehicle show up at our house. We've seen them drive by on Sundays though. Even holidays!

Everybody delivers to my porch. Your screwed if it gets gone. I think people make a living stealing deliveries. It sitting by the side of the road. The first guy in a truck would have put it in his truck to protect it. Raced down the road looking for the owner and not finding him take it home until he turns up

So you believe that you got the mail lady fired?
I got her fired? No she got fired for leaving the box at the mailbox rather than bringing to the porch. She must have done it all day. Surely you knew the difference.

I know the difference.
Just curious about it. The one's around here sit the packages in various spots, and they don't deliver a whole lot of large packages normally.
I doubt that she was fired for this reason, they just may have just told you this.

I know the difference.
Just curious about it. The one's around here sit the packages in various spots, and they don't deliver a whole lot of large packages normally.
I doubt that she was fired for this reason, they just may have just told you this.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

If I posted all the problems on here that I have had with USPS the AS sites sever would probably burn up. When I started selling on fleabay I bought a large mail box because of the size of some of the packages. Then I received a large package. It was forced into the box warping it to the point that the door would not stay closed. Been buying on fleabay for close to 15 years, nothing changed on my account, package shipped with the wrong zip code, called the P O and was told the package was thrown away. This happened twice, no merchandise, no refund, money gone. Had a package hung in Memphis for 2 weeks, called and was told "it is what it is". Asked for the phone number in the next upper level and was told they did not give that information. Talked to Google and got the number. Called and talked to a very nice lady and got my package the next day. Called the PO and told the clerk to tell her supervisor that Google was an amazing thing. Gust a sample. Tom

Lots of larger cities have problems with "porch pirates". They follow the delivery carriers and steal parcels left at homes. Even video cameras don't seem to deter them all that much.

Phoenix is terrible for it. Almost nightly on the news, someone submits a video of a porch pirate in action. Good thing is, some are being apprehended.

Back