USPS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting on a package now, and it was sent out on Jan 29th. It shows NO movement in the system, and says it's still in St. Louis., which is the place of origin.

The quality of USPS service varies greatly with location. I live in a northeast Arkansas college town of about 70,000. People here generally have a good work ethic and try to do a good job. When we have packages that won't fit in the mailbox, the carrier brings them to the door along with the rest of the mail and waits for a response. I've had zero problems. The quality of service in, for example, Memphis is not even in the same league.

You all are aware that there has been some incredibly bad weather recently across these United States, right? All that "rain ,nor snow, nor dark of night" stuff is crap - they are people too. Safety for people has to be a concern.

Argue all you want about USPS, but I am still amazed what they can do in moving letters and packages great distances for very little cost to the sender. Yes there is an occasional problem, but almost always, there are none.

No, I am not a USPS employee.

You all are aware that there has been some incredibly bad weather recently across these United States, right? All that "rain ,nor snow, nor dark of night" stuff is crap - they are people too. Safety for people has to be a concern.

Argue all you want about USPS, but I am still amazed what they can do in moving letters and packages great distances for very little cost to the sender. Yes there is an occasional problem, but almost always, there are none.

No, I am not a USPS employee.
LOL.. You guys had some snow???
Global warming????

Got it!!!!

Just my 2 cents...

Background on my experience with usps, fedex and ups. - I worked as an environmental engineer doing over sight of drilling operations and collecting soil and water samples during and after drilling for the last 7 years (before going back to school) during that time I would ship samples 1st overnight almost every single day, roughly 1,800 shipments in that time period and all over the United States. Using those three couriers I only had zero issues using fedex and I used them ~85% of the time. I know that stat is crazy and I probably got lucky with that but still my experience is great with them. Every company I’ve worked for or with always uses fedex and has accounts with them and I think that speaks volumes. Some of these shipments had values of over $75,000 and they all trusted fedex.

I will say though, now that I am paying for all of my own shipments, it’s hard to pay that fedex premium. But if I were to ship something valuable I would definitely go fedex.

Everyone will have different experiences for sure

Also, these were 1st overnight and some of the shipping charges were over $500 so I’m not sure if that affects how much attention is given to the shipments.

Regardless, shipping is a headache and I dread doing it. So good luck out there!

Just my 2 cents...

Background on my experience with usps, fedex and ups. - I worked as an environmental engineer doing over sight of drilling operations and collecting soil and water samples during and after drilling for the last 7 years (before going back to school) during that time I would ship samples 1st overnight almost every single day, roughly 1,800 shipments in that time period and all over the United States. Using those three couriers I only had zero issues using fedex and I used them ~85% of the time. I know that stat is crazy and I probably got lucky with that but still my experience is great with them. Every company I’ve worked for or with always uses fedex and has accounts with them and I think that speaks volumes. Some of these shipments had values of over $75,000 and they all trusted fedex.

I will say though, now that I am paying for all of my own shipments, it’s hard to pay that fedex premium. But if I were to ship something valuable I would definitely go fedex.

Everyone will have different experiences for sure

Also, these were 1st overnight and some of the shipping charges were over $500 so I’m not sure if that affects how much attention is given to the shipments.

Regardless, shipping is a headache and I dread doing it. So good luck out there!

I can easily see why FED-EX would go out of their way to insure good service if they have a major corporation as a customer, vs. having a guy walk-in off the street and mail a package. It just makes good business sense.

Is DHL still even a player in the shipping business? I thought that I had heard a couple of years ago, that they closed up? Yet, I still see some DHL vehicles here and there occasionally. o_O

Latest posts

Back