USStove Thermostat / fan limit/ forced draft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simanco

Reaction score
Dad and I installed the forced draft kit on his Hotblast 1557 -- he's only had the kit 2 years, mind you.

It's 80 degrees in the house based upon multiple thermometers. The dinky little USStove thermostat is set for about 73 degrees and the draft fan is still running. I slide it down far enough and it'll go off - far enough seems to be at least to 70. Slide it back up and it comes on.

So, is this bimetal thermostat just a piece of junk? I've not had an "old fashioned" bimetal thermostat for long enough to have forgotten how they work. Is there really supposed to be that much "slack" in its temperature range?

I've read a lot of posts here in the past few days and am having my doubts about the draft fan, but with a thermostat that is that far off, I'm not prepared to give up on it yet. I'm thinking I'll just pick up a 24Volt digital and see what happens.

Things are working much better with the fan limit control in place of the thermodisc. That thermodisc was getting flaky. If we decide to forget about the forced draft, will we need to jumper those bottom two terminals on the limit control? Since we have the thermostat hooked up, we broke out the existing jumper. I think we can just turn the thermostat off and the limit control still works as it should, yes?

Thanks all,
Jim

Latest posts

Back