Value of a new 385xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vw_motorsports

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A friend stated a pawn shop near him has a new 385xp. They want $800

24" bar

Sound like a good deal??

Friend is not a chainsaw person

I’d pay $800 for a brand new 385. I bought a new in box 390 for $820 shipped from Greece last month

I would never part with my 385xp. I bought her new. With a new 353 & a new 575. Time flys. I have 20 cords of wood cut with the 385/575 only. The 385 is a beast too the 390/88 cc should be an animal. Show the pawn shop five new crisp $100 dollar bills for the 385.

There’s no replacement for displacement.

Offer the ps five $100 bills first. If things are slow he may take it. I love screwing with pawn shops they screw people. One told me he likes screwing widows. He had a lot of nerve telling me that. I took him for a ride. He didn’t know the value of what he had. Crisp $100 bills talks.

Huskybill:

You must be young. At 64, I have a different opinion about widows, I love to . . ..

Oops, maybe I misread that ;

hacf1457e.jpeg

I got to see the saw. First off it’s not a pawn shop it’s a consignment store. Not budging on price. The saw has no business being in there it will never sell. The way it was explained to me a consignment store is like a realtor they have the item for a while then the owner can re-up to keep it there. I think the owner might be taking the saw back, it’s been there a while. Trying to get that info.

The saw is a 2003, has some dust on it and some patina around the muffler and clutch drum. I don’t think there’s a scratch on it.

Dont forget that when these 385's first came out, Husky was paying US dealers an hour of labor to make sure the circlips were on the pin. This was during the labor problems that Husky/Electrolux were having wanting to make the smaller Husky's in Ohio at the Poulan plant. There was a thread here that discussed this.

Dont forget that when these 385's first came out, Husky was paying US dealers an hour of labor to make sure the circlips were on the pin. This was during the labor problems that Husky/Electrolux were having wanting to make the smaller Husky's in Ohio at the Poulan plant. There was a thread here that discussed this.

I think that was well before 2003.

I picked up the saw as a 3 saw deal. I also purchased a new Poulan 3450 and a slightly damaged Echo CS600p, neither the 385xp or the Echo has seen fuel. I also have the 385xp owners manual and unopened tool kit, seller tossed in a new in the box Husky chaps. I was trying to buy one more saw but he said NO.

Back