Venison Backstrap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee192233

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Cooked up some backstrap for the family tonight.
I first warm it to room temperature. I then season with some Texas steak seasoning. Then give them a hard sear in some butter. Remove from the pan when cooked to medium rare. Add three pears and two small onions that have been peeled and sliced to the pan along with a half stick of butter. Saute till onions are soft. Add about two cups of sweet white wine. Simmer until pears are cooked. Add a little starch to thicken sauce. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Slice backstrap to about 1/2 inch thick across grain. I usually put the meat back in the pan and toss it in the sauce to cover and reheat it a little.

Enjoy!
20210202_175803.jpg

Sorry only took one picture
Lee

I first warm it to room temperature. I then season with some Texas steak seasoning. Then give them a hard sear in some butter. Remove from the pan when cooked to medium rare. Add three pears and two small onions that have been peeled and sliced to the pan along with a half stick of butter. Saute till onions are soft. Add about two cups of sweet white wine. Simmer until pears are cooked. Add a little starch to thicken sauce. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Slice backstrap to about 1/2 inch thick across grain. I usually put the meat back in the pan and toss it in the sauce to cover and reheat it a little.

Enjoy!View attachment 887026
Lee
:numberone:

Enjoy!View attachment 887026
Lee
swell pix! thanks for posting. who don't like venison back strap! ?? I do mine or v. steaks cut to small pcs., rolled in flour and S&P. cook in bacon grease... trail-side ideal! got a pot of leek soup with vension on the agenda in a few days...

Good stuff, that's pretty much how I do it minus the sauce and I like the sear then move to the oven to finish.

We do love a good sautéed onion on top of good medium rare backstrap. Loaded baked potatoes and some green beans on the side. That's the 'we should celebrate' meal around my house!

swell pix! thanks for posting. who don't like venison back strap! ?? I do mine or v. steaks cut to small pcs., rolled in flour and S&P. cook in bacon grease... trail-side ideal! got a pot of leek soup with vension on the agenda in a few days...
Thanks! That sounds like a great way to have some venison in the woods or ice fishing. I'm going to give it a try. Leek soup...sounds delicious.
P.S. I use the Bolner's Fiesta Steak Seasoning.
Good stuff, that's pretty much how I do it minus the sauce and I like the sear then move to the oven to finish.

We do love a good sautéed onion on top of good medium rare backstrap. Loaded baked potatoes and some green beans on the side. That's the 'we should celebrate' meal around my house!
Thanks! I prefer my my backstrap in a more pure form as well. My wife and kids just destroy this dish though. Whatever makes them happy!

I'm a dedicated doe killer. The deer are overpopulated around here. They also taste better. This particular backstrap was from a beautiful 110 lb doe from last Thanksgiving day.
Have a great day,
Lee

Good stuff, that's pretty much how I do it minus the sauce and I like the sear then move to the oven to finish. We do love a good sautéed onion on top of good medium rare backstrap. Loaded baked potatoes and some green beans on the side. That's the 'we should celebrate' meal around my house!
here, here! had one last nite with dinner. bit over the top spud, imo... 9" :rolleyes: and took 3/4 stick butter. dinner was swell, too. no venison though. lots dif meats however. no, could not eat it all... lol
P7160015.JPG

P7160004.JPGP7160005.JPG

Thanks! That sounds like a great way to have some venison in the woods or ice fishing. I'm going to give it a try. Leek soup...sounds delicious.
P.S. I use the Bolner's Fiesta Steak Seasoning. Lee
you are right! cooked backstrap along the trail... would make a perfect end to a perfect day of hunting or fishing...:yes:
1612548180552.png

Back