Vermeer 352 grinder , daihatsu engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Aldo, I much prefer the diesel to the Gas engine, but Its too late. They are changine the engine right now. I have gone thru 3 turbo chargers in the last few months. The last one lasted about 2 weeks, then catastrophic failure when under heavy load. Got it home and started it a few weeks later and the snow around it turned black from the carbon, even at low RPMs. Took it apart, replaced some hoses, gaskets, etc and it stopped the carbon emissions but now blue smoke, Apparently now burning oil. I've changed just about everything that has anything to do with the turbo except the fuel pump. I read that one machine had a pump that was washing the cylinders or pistons with way too much fuel that was causing turbo problems. But having dealt with this machine and only using it a few times all season, I'm pretty fed up with it so I went and had vermeer put in a new Gasoline engine. I have another 352 that I put a new diahatsu diesel in last year that runs fine that I am getting ready to sell when I have the gasoline machine up and in service.

If you ever need a turbo for you other machine let me know I can show you how to fixed without spending 1500 for a new one

Thanks, I have 4 turbos, 2 have chewed up fans and the shafts are very loose and 2 that are tight but had problems for some reason. If the old grinder looses a turbo I will get in touch. But I find can't a use for them unless that happens.

Thanks, I have 4 turbos, 2 have chewed up fans and the shafts are very loose and 2 that are tight but had problems for some reason. If the old grinder looses a turbo I will get in touch. But I find can't a use for them unless that happens.
I will buy them from you if you like
Just let me know

Not sure what I have, but I think I have 3 turbos, all for that motor. May consider giving up all three for a rebuilt one. You're right, wouldn't hurt to have a spare.

If you want to send them to me I can give you my address
I will then rebuild one and send it back to you
I do have to order the parts for it do
I will charge you $100 at less and I'll pay for the rest and won't charge you for labor
Let me know

Hi Aldo, I much prefer the diesel to the Gas engine, but Its too late. They are changine the engine right now. I have gone thru 3 turbo chargers in the last few months. The last one lasted about 2 weeks, then catastrophic failure when under heavy load. Got it home and started it a few weeks later and the snow around it turned black from the carbon, even at low RPMs. Took it apart, replaced some hoses, gaskets, etc and it stopped the carbon emissions but now blue smoke, Apparently now burning oil. I've changed just about everything that has anything to do with the turbo except the fuel pump. I read that one machine had a pump that was washing the cylinders or pistons with way too much fuel that was causing turbo problems. But having dealt with this machine and only using it a few times all season, I'm pretty fed up with it so I went and had vermeer put in a new Gasoline engine. I have another 352 that I put a new diahatsu diesel in last year that runs fine that I am getting ready to sell when I have the gasoline machine up and in service.
Hi my name is Diaz I'm new to this forum I got the same problem with the diahatsu the engine is damaged, can you tell me the exact Size of the engine and shaf thank you in advance.

Diaz

To those who have swapped there SC352 diahatsu turbo diesel over to a gasoline engine...which engine did you swap with? Looking to do the conversion but having difficulties finding the proper engine to replace. Anything else needed to do that conversion? Electrical? Replaced 3 turbos on our 352 and now can’t get enough compression to fire.

Hi Wedgewood, I swapped to the Gasoline engine a couple of years ago. It has worked fine with no problems since. But i'n just a hacker and not a mechanic so I had to let vermeer do it. It cost me $9000. I have the parts receipts somewhere and will look it up when I have a chance. I know I had to have the engine mount replaced to accept the engine and there was a long list of parts that had to be swapped off. But I can't recall at this time. But I'll let you know when I look it up. Good luck. By The way, I still have the intact diesel motor that came out of it. It still runs but continues to smoke heavily and probably is getting ready to grenade. I told the guy who bought another 352 that I had, he could take it, but he never came back for it.

Hi Wedgewood, I swapped to the Gasoline engine a couple of years ago. It has worked fine with no problems since. But i'n just a hacker and not a mechanic so I had to let vermeer do it. It cost me $9000. I have the parts receipts somewhere and will look it up when I have a chance. I know I had to have the engine mount replaced to accept the engine and there was a long list of parts that had to be swapped off. But I can't recall at this time. But I'll let you know when I look it up. Good luck. By The way, I still have the intact diesel motor that came out of it. It still runs but continues to smoke heavily and probably is getting ready to grenade. I told the guy who bought another 352 that I had, he could take it, but he never came back for it.
That would be great. Still not having any luck finding correct gasoline big block engine to swap

I would love any info or links for converting to a gas briggs & stratton engine. The internet is full of info, but few specifics.

my diahatsu died too not buying another one just brought a second hand 38 hp yanmar 3 cyl diesel out of john deere ride on just started doing conversion any body else done conversion on same ?

Pictures and engien Number and on other parts used ?
GOT one blown myself..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back