Vermeer BC 935 Hydraulic Motor Auto Feed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stvbrown2184

Reaction score
The mechanic says I need a new auto feed motor for my BC 935. The problem is the motor has no part or model number on it. Anyone know which motor fits my machine? I have the BC 935 with the Deutz. thanks,

ps I know I can call my local Vermeer distributor but it will be 5 days before they get back to me.

The roller is not working like it should, its just barely moving. The throttle cable looks fine and the hydraulic oil level if is good. I tried to register the chipper but it wont let me becasue it asks for a VIN number. My BC935 doesnt have Vin. I called my dealer and they want $1075.36 for a new motor and installation, but wouldnt tell me the part number of the motor.

The roller is not working like it should, its just barely moving. The throttle cable looks fine and the hydraulic oil level if is good. I tried to register the chipper but it wont let me becasue it asks for a VIN number. My BC935 doesnt have Vin. I called my dealer and they want $1075.36 for a new motor and installation, but wouldnt tell me the part number of the motor.

If you contact Vermeer's customer service dept.they may be able to provide the VIN using the engine serial number. It's usually a spec plate attached to the side of the engine block.
A Vermeer pn will not be much help since their part number will not crossover to another mfg. If there is no OEM number on the motor you have no option but to buy from Vermeer.
Vermeer makes a good chipper but when it comes to parts expect to pay big bucks.

It might not be the hydraulic motor. You might have a bad hydraulic pump. You can take the motor to a local hydraulic shop and they can rebuild it for less. That's if the shaft is in good shape.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

I don't recall if the 935 has a feed roller speed control. If there is one and its defective it could be bleeding off pressure into the reservoir. To test you could try bypassing this with a proper hydraulic coupling or hose.
I replaced my BCX1000 control with an OEM part, available through Amazon, at 1/3 the price Vermeer wanted.

you have to watch some of the after market jina parts for vermeer ..
I ran in to an issue on fuel controller sol on a small stump grinder...
the oem unit was close to 500.00 from Vermeer... the after market for the engine was 40.00 on amazon..
but the after market jina made unit did not have the right specs to deal with the control signal from the computer
from Vermeer...
some parts you can change out for jina parts... any servo or computer controlled parts. I would stick to oem only..

any vari speed parts fall in to this unless it is a wire or connector..

yea a coupler could by pass the valve body to make the feed hyd motor run at full feed rate if the control is a valve on the valve body.

hey stvbrown2184 can you post a pix of the feed motor??
or is it in the way under covers in the machine?

it is just 2 hoses only to the feed motor or does it also have wires connecting to it?

you have to watch some of the after market jina parts for vermeer ..
I ran in to an issue on fuel controller sol on a small stump grinder...
the oem unit was close to 500.00 from Vermeer... the after market for the engine was 40.00 on amazon..
but the after market jina made unit did not have the right specs to deal with the control signal from the computer
from Vermeer...
some parts you can change out for jina parts... any servo or computer controlled parts. I would stick to oem only..

any vari speed parts fall in to this unless it is a wire or connector..

yea a coupler could by pass the valve body to make the feed hyd motor run at full feed rate if the control is a valve on the valve body.

hey stvbrown2184 can you post a pix of the feed motor??
or is it in the way under covers in the machine?

it is just 2 hoses only to the feed motor or does it also have wires connecting to it?
My 1000XL has a OEM name and number in the motor casting. This is how was able to locate the speed controller on Amazon.

The Amazon sourced roller speed controller was an exact replacement with the identical casting number. It fit and works like OEM.

My BC1000XL feed roller motor is from DANFOSS ROLLER STATOR, with numbers in the casting, which may not work for a 935 machine.
For comparison purposes a new one is listed on ebay that appears the same, for $600.

Going the OEM route does not always work. I just replaced the cutter drum bearings. The mfg. name and number in the casting led me to their website, but it was not available for purchase. The reason could be that sourced from Vermeer a spacer and bolts are included. Vermeer's price for the bearings was marked up about 20% over what I expected to pay. Not enough for the hassle to locate a non Vermeer source.

Try turning the "Autofeed" switch off. I found the feed roller works fine, just have to be measured in the rate you feed stuff. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the auto feed feature.

Try turning the "Autofeed" switch off. I found the feed roller works fine, just have to be measured in the rate you feed stuff. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the auto feed feature.
My BC1000XL has no autofeed switch. Its been awhile but I don't recall a AF switch on the BC935

I have the BC-935 with the Perkins diesel. It has a switçh on the front control panel labeled AUTO FEED SYSTEM above the switch & Fuse, & ON above & OFF below the switch; all part of the original decal

Back