Vermeer paint color

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstyduhar

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know the color code for Vermeer orange like what's on my sC252 I know I can take a piece to a paint shop and have them match but would like to have code. If you guys have bought paint online, where did you get it? I'm stripping the front of my grinder and plan to repaint.

thanks,

Drew

oh come on....that's like going to the auto dealer for your car paint. There are so many paint shops that can give you the same thing and dont bend you over as bad on price.

I maintain my position. I’m happy to pay up for the time savings convenience. You call it bending over, I call it not wasting my time. You’re dickering around on the internet on something that you probably won’t find an answer to here. Your time is worth something, and it’s usually worth more than the little bit extra spent on going to a dealer and just buying parts, paint & supplies.

Hey, you are entitled to your opinion man but its still a limp response. We must think differently....and that's ok. I imagine you aren't a fan of fixing things yourself though, right?

I used to work at a dealership with a paint department. You want to guess where they got their paint? Hint: They didn't mix it themselves. Want to guess what happens to price when you cut out the middle man? You know the answer.

If you want to talk about "dickering" around, its responding to a thread with nothing useful to add.

Found the yellow code:
Vermeer Yellow. G490, N3363+ & N3363 H. Supposedly the Vermeer Yellow is the same as the New Holland Yellow.

Have a lead on the orange.

thanks,

Drew

And for the record for the matter at hand:

I tried the “heavy duty” I think rustoleum brand at Home Dumpo over a part I bought from Vermeer that came red primer. It was a bit bright till it was dirty, just the boom support though. I think next time in a pinch I’ll go with the darker slightly more orange I opted not for last time, still won’t be on point but might not stick out so bad. Same type and brand, held up ok for part I through around and huck on pavement during jobs.

I stopped by Vermeer today and talked to them about paint. He said there is only one Vermeer color and they only sold aerosol and a gallon. No quarts or anything. He didn't know the color code but said I should go down the street to NAPA and have them match it. Didn't even bother quoting me the gallon price, haha. So yeah, I'll hopefully get over there tomorrow and see if the spray can color I bought (Vermeer PART # 252856983) matches the color code I posted above.

As a side note, he had some parts on the counter that were factory painted and I noticed that paint was chipped on all of them. No primer, just paint....on a smooth machined surface. Terrible application. Why does Vermeer even bother? Just my 2c

thanks,

Drew

I never never went to Vermeer. I had a large stump grinder 2465A which needed the bushing that holds the cutter wheel. Vermeer was $700, of coarse they grind off the number. When to Motion industries got same thing to 2 days less than. $100 including shipping.. If it is a part they maKe any machine can make one. Always used Vermeer machines for over 40 years but never dealer parts. Same as paint anyone can match it. I used Cat yellow when repainting Vermeer Machines. Good luck.

Its important to note that the paint match is NEW Cat Yellow, not OLD. Gotta be careful because some places sell OLD Cat Yellow and just call it CAT yellow and they aren't even close to being the same. Even Rustoleum's Cat Yellow is the OLD version and will not match Vermeer. If painting an entire machine I guess it wouldn't matter but if doing partials or touchups, OLD Cat Yellow wont match. Its much more orange.

thanks,

Drew

Back