Vermeer SC 60 TX Clutch Actuator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyPrettyman

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Vermeer SC 60 TX with about 650 hours on it. The operator was using it and something (possible rock) was kicked out from the grinding wheel and hit the back of control counsel. The impact jarred the relays and fusees out of the corresponding board. The operator reinserted the fusees and relays. After an attempt or two doing this, he got the machine to run. I have reviewed the operators manual and a wiring diagram the local Vermeer dealer sent me and I believe I have everything in its correct position. I have tested all the relays and fusees and all seam to function. However, ever since that incident, the clutch actuator will not disengage once engaged. I have tested the actuator manually and it works in both directions. In fact, I have been forced to reverse the polarity in the wiring harness in the field to disengage the cutting unit. The switch seams to work since when using the switch to disengage the clutch the unit will slow its RPMs and the PTO light will no longer be lit. I think the problem lies in the computer in the control counsel and without the aid of the dealers diagnostic I am pissing in the ocean. Any insight and/or help will be greatly appreciated. Plus if anyone could provide a picture of their fuses and relays properly inserted, that would help. Thank you and stay safe.

Latest posts

Back