• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Very nice Husqvarna 266se $550

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axe2fall

Hound runner
Reaction score
PHO. Like new. Runs, cuts oils.
Got it in a trade. Had been in a basement workshop cabinet.
I made one cut and was very impressed. I think it cuts better than my MS440. Just hate to tear it up here on the farm.
$550 plus USPS shipping from 22436.
PayPal or USPS money order
9b22d8c8268bf0861092e929564940df.jpg
75115488a627838738cbe16ae96d6061.jpg
3525ec4f19de93fd0ca9d5630d6f5d3a.jpg
514d61a57709d9a1a39522fa43578568.jpg
549d18d1768b5302abf42fb41f1318b9.jpg
34c21b5a801b3c507fcec7d3e8788328.jpg
2a967f43f77a4b19042ced7265cd6ff0.jpg
3cf2085f5e66669e54c8ec7193883e27.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I run one of these awhile back I fixed up and sold to the neighbor, I cut one of his trees down with it so he could see what it could do, awesome saws. And that one is definitely a beautiful example! And I would say it was one step above very nice in between very nice and mint lol

some piston pictures would be appreciated.
i know it’s a minty saw- but we’ve all seen new saws with some ugly pistons:(

Is there a difference between the SE and the XP? Is the SE a closed or open port cylinder?

I thought they were the same- but I’d be curious to know as well. I’ve had a few that said “se” on the recoil and had an XP sticker.... like it was just right when they came up with the “xp” Marketing strategy

I think Trent is correct. SE is the older version of the 266 that I know for sure. I think the 268 non xp was the only saw in that family to get a non windowed piston. Otherwise the 268xp and 266 shared the same piston and Id assume cylinder. I'm sure someone will come along who really knows and correct us all.

SOLD
My apologies for not replying to the comments and pic requests.
I am new to Tapatalk and having problems navigating it. I only have it now because I can't send anything on my iPad in AS anymore.
I can't find the edit post function on here to change the heading but the saw is SOLD.
Thanks to all for the nice comments, remarks and PM's
SOLD

Is there a difference between the SE and the XP? Is the SE a closed or open port cylinder?

As far as I know an early XP is the same saw as a late SE, it just is a matter of when the saw was made - and they all came with a closed transfer (port) cylinder.

That doesn't mean that all SE ones are exactly the same as all XP ones of course, as many changes were made during the production run (1981 to at least 1998, although discontinued on the US market much earlier (and replaced there by the 268XP)).

As far as I know, no important changes were made at the same time as the designation changed - but the venturi size of the carb was increased to 17.5 mm some time in 1985, less than a year before the designation change. This likely was the most important "update" ever done to the model.

Even though the 268XP shared the bore/stroke and belonged to the same "family" as the 266, it really was quite different in many ways - including (but far from excluded to) much larger transfer ports in the cylinder, larger muffler, different case/top cover (including the interface between those parts) etc.

The 66.7 cc "open port" models in this "family" were the 66 (based on the 266) and the "plain" (not SE, XP or Special) 268 that was made from 1991, after the 272XP replaced the 268XP as the "top model" of the family. Production of the 268XP continued for a limited time after this as well, under the 268 Special designation (at least some had a mix of "XP" and "Special" labels on them).

As far as I know an early XP is the same saw as a late SE, it just is a matter of when the saw was made - and they all came with a closed transfer (port) cylinder.

That doesn't mean that all SE ones are exactly the same as all XP ones of course, as many changes were made during the production run (1981 to at least 1998, although discontinued on the US market much earlier (and replaced there by the 268XP)).

As far as I know, no important changes were made at the same time as the designation changed - but the venturi size of the carb was increased to 17.5 mm some time in 1985, less than a year before the designation change. This likely was the most important "update" ever done to the model.

Even though the 268XP shared the bore/stroke and belonged to the same "family" as the 266, it really was quite different in many ways - including (but far from excluded to) much larger transfer ports in the cylinder, larger muffler, different case/top cover (including the interface between those parts) etc.

The 66.7 cc "open port" models in this "family" were the 66 (based on the 266) and the "plain" (not SE, XP or Special) 268 that was made from 1991, after the 272XP replaced the 268XP as the "top model" of the family. Production of the 268XP continued for a limited time after this as well, under the 268 Special designation (some had a mix of "XP" and "Special" labels on them).
Always a wealth of knowledge. Thanks

Congrats to the new owner. That is a very nice example.

I thought they were the same- but I’d be curious to know as well. I’ve had a few that said “se” on the recoil and had an XP sticker.... like it was just right when they came up with the “xp” Marketing strategy

Surely it was about marketing!

The first time the Xtra Power designation was used was around 1979, after some updates had been done on the 2100.
It didn't "stick" at that point though, and the general transition period from CD and SE to XP was around 1986/87.
The XP designation was introduced as late as in the early the early 1990s on some smaller models (242 and 254) that "officially" weren't SE models originally (but some times said so on the number tag anyway).
Marketing all the way of course, like basically all model number pre- and suffixes from all brands, of just about everything.2100CD XP (Aus 1980).jpg

Saws with "SE" on the number tag and "XP" on labels etc. are common with both the 266 and the 268, on saws that were made shortly after the designation change.
I have seen no evidence that the 268 ever was marketed and labelled (on stickers) as an SE model, but it likely was called that during development, and it carried over to the number tags on the early saws (around 1987).

Attachments

• 2100XP 79 (1).pdf
    785.6 KB · Views: 8
Thanks to axe2fall, saw arrived looking better than in the pictures. A real time capsule. It was Packed up and padded well ! ....Fast shipping and great representation of clean well preserved saw. Thanks again.

Thanks to axe2fall, saw arrived looking better than in the pictures. A real time capsule. It was Packed up and padded well ! ....Fast shipping and great representation of clean well preserved saw. Thanks again.
And thanks to you for being straight up and quick to pay...those qualities will be of great value as you come across more saws that you MUST HAVE !

Latest posts

Back