• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Very nice Husqvarna 266se $550

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct my 268 is plain 268 no xp. Didn’t the extra power have a larger carb? Either way the 266SE I had is one BA saw. A local logger seen my 2100 and he told be I needed a 266SE I got one and he was right. I think he was running a 262 at the time.

Correct my 268 is plain 268 no xp. Didn’t the extra power have a larger carb? Either way the 266SE I had is one BA saw. A local logger seen my 2100 and he told be I needed a 266SE I got one and he was right. I think he was running a 262 at the time.

See post #15, where I commented on this. A carb with larger venturi (17.5 mm vs. 15.9 as I recall it) was used on the 266SE from some time in 1985 - which was some time before the designation changed to XP.
This means that most 266XP saws did have a larger carb than most 266SE ones from the factory, but late production SE saws also came with the larger carb.
What more than 30 years old saws have today does of course need to be checked in each case - as do the top ends etc....

After that, the venturi size remained 17.5 mm trough the rest of the 266 production, and also was the same on all 268 models and the 272XP. The exact carb model wasn't the same though.

Thanks sawtroll for clearing it up.

This 266SE is one of the best chain saws Husqvarna ever offered. She will take all the punishment you can give it and more. For a mid sized saw it’s tops. No sawyer should be without one.

Love my 266se. Base gasket deleted and muffler modded. It runs like an animal! If i had the extra funds id scoop this up quick.

We’re not going to see many 266’s in this condition. Decent price for a quality saw.

One of my go to saws the 266se or 266xp is a awesome saw to cut with. Great buy congrats. Let us get have some feedback about the 266 performance.

Back