view from the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it loosens up the crusty sol and lets moisture try and evaporate and that moisture is captured by the corn roots. (farmers are the greatest BS'ers).:surprised3:

oic! reverse osmosis! lol ;)

makes sense to me... thanks for the bio/science ag lesson... never would have been able to think that one up myself... I know farmers and they till too, but to get oxygen down to the roots... but, their's is on a smaller scale... do you fertilize ur corn? if so with what and when? dry or wet?...

btw - fs - did I miss the pix of ur sit-me-down cole rider planter? or is the Patent still Pending?... ;)

oic! reverse osmosis! lol ;)

makes sense to me... thanks for the bio/science ag lesson... never would have been able to think that one up myself... I know farmers and they till too, but to get oxygen down to the roots... but, their's is on a smaller scale... do you fertilize ur corn? if so with what and when? dry or wet?...

btw - fs - did I miss the pix of ur sit-me-down cole rider planter? or is the Patent still Pending?... ;)

images

wish I could give you more than one like there, fs. pretty cool! since cars are going hands-off controls... I wonder if it will be long before we see tractors running and operation hands-off on farms and ranches, etc? can driver-less be far behind??... :rolleyes: I showed your post and vid to my SO... and she said maybe we could get one for the garden! think she thinks yours weeds, too!! :laughing:

thanks for the post, interesting... sure speeds things up. wonder what gear the tractor is in, Low Range, 1? 2"....

think I would have to add a sun umbrella... ;)

wish I could give you more than one like there, fs. pretty cool! since cars are going hands-off controls... I wonder if it will be long before we see tractors running and operation hands-off on farms and ranches, etc? can driver-less be far behind??... :rolleyes: I showed your post and vid to my SO... and she said maybe we could get one for the garden! think she thinks yours weeds, too!! :laughing:

thanks for the post, interesting... sure speeds things up. wonder what gear the tractor is in, Low Range, 1? 2"....

think I would have to add a sun umbrella... ;)
low range low gear@idle. otherwise the help can't keep up with the machine.

He's real spoiled. I think I could ride the big feller.

He's heading to the slaughterhouse on the 17th though.

To bad, Do you think he will weigh 1100 # I think he will. ( or more ) Maybe 1200# . lots of meat there. :sweet:

Don't think I have seen any silver duchess around here, where do you get the seed at? I might try some next year. How does the seed size compare to silver queen for seed plate sizing? I can use a B7-24x for the silver queen most years. with the exception of last year when the plates were cracking to many seeds because of the extreme size difference.
Here's a pic of some silver duchess i picked yesterday afternoon for supper last evening. ears are 8-9" long.
20160814_182939_resized_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back