view from the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is some silver queen that I froze. It is starting to get to big now for my liking to eat off the cob, but it works ok for freezing. Silver queen does not keep on the stalk long enough for me. Maybe the silver duchess will last longer.

Attachments

• 2013-03-22 001 002.JPG
    2013-03-22 001 002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
I like the looks of that. Might have to plant some next year. How close can it be planted next to silver queen?
not sure if it should be planted close to the SQ. did some research and you probaBly shouldn't plant it next to the SQ.

This is some silver queen that I froze. It is starting to get to big now for my liking to eat off the cob, but it works ok for freezing. Silver queen does not keep on the stalk long enough for me. Maybe the silver duchess will last longer.
the SD will hold on the stalk a lot longer than the SQ. you can pick the SD and put it in the fridge for about a week and it will still be as good as the the day you picked it.

not sure if it should be planted close to the SQ. did some research and you probaBly shouldn't plant it next to the SQ.

the SD will hold on the stalk a lot longer than the SQ. you can pick the SD and put it in the fridge for about a week and it will still be as good as the the day you picked it.

That corn looks good, If it will last even a week longer than SQ I will be happy! It also looks sweeter to me.

Sorry it's not a view from the tractor, but a view of the tractor :).
Went and grabbed the trash can and figured I'd get a bucket of wood for the house. It's 42 and sunny out and I know I need to be doing something to help get over this crud. Maybe when I move it in a bit I'll get the view from the tractor; ).
20170226_162755.jpg

yes i know it's February but the thermometer said it was April with 78*. the ground was dry enough to try some plowing. only hit one damp spot. getting ready for the first patches of sweet corn when the time comes.
View attachment 560785
yes i know it's February but the thermometer said it was April with 78*. the ground was dry enough to try some plowing. only hit one damp spot. getting ready for the first patches of sweet corn when the time comes.
View attachment 560785
Very nice picture Steve.

Sorry it's not a view from the tractor, but a view of the tractor :).
Went and grabbed the trash can and figured I'd get a bucket of wood for the house. It's 42 and sunny out and I know I need to be doing something to help get over this crud. Maybe when I move it in a bit I'll get the view from the tractor; ).
View attachment 560794
Chipper hope you are feeling better.

View attachment 560785

That ground looks like it is in pretty good shape up there. We are unusually dry here.

looks good @BlackCoffin . red or black raspberries? what machine/transplanter do you use to plant them? welcome to AS BTW.
Red raspberries and they are all planted by hand! The tiller places drip tape and fertilizer inside the hill so all the irrigation crew has to do is hook up to the sub main lines at the end of the rows. We rotate and plant an average of 150 acres per year.

Back