Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got a bow for my Poulan 3700 build coming, thanks to Brandon. Can't wait for my seals to show up so I get get this puppy back together. Been scattered on one section of my bench for about 6 months.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
I know how that goes! I’m finally starting to turn my projects out

I scored a like new red craftsman 3.7 with a case for $20 and a poulan 4000 that got ran through the scrap but it looks like the cylinder, top covers, muffler, carburetors, gas tank, crankcase and coil survived but not much else survived. I got a 5200 with a busted clutch cover and cracked top cover, missing muffler and slightly scored piston. Both of the other Poulan’s were $15. I got a incomplete homelite 340 for $5 and a Stihl fs76 for $5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On second look, the poulan 5200 just have a broken clutch cover, I think the top cover survived

May want to pull cylinder and inspect piston, got a 4200 for parts, when I pull the cylinder I found the rings locator pins had came a loose and chewed up both p/c.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

There is some light scoring on the cylinder. It will need to cleaned. This saw is most likely best to be used as a parts saw.

Latest posts

Back